*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1183051-It-happened-somewhere-around-here
by Sailor
Rated: XGC · Fiction · Horror/Scary · #1183051
One of those "true campfire" stories. It really did happen somewhere around here.
It was ten years ago this coming forth of July weekend. After a long day of celebrating the holiday, the family all gathered around the campfire. It seemed a little strange without my cousin Jimmy there and his mom, Jess. They left my uncle Jim six months ago and never called him to let him know where they where. You could tell it affected uncle Jim hard. He never used to say a word. Dad said he had something bad happen to him as a kid, we thought he just couldn't talk. Since Jess dissapeared with Jimmy, all he does is talk and talk and talk.
"Do you guys want to here a scary campfire story?"
We all nodded yes
"What you about to here is true. I swear to god" He used a boy scout sign to cross his heart.
Uncle Jim then proceeded with his story. " A family of three went out camping to celebrate the the fourth. Same as they just had. To get out in the great outdoors, celebrate something great and forget there problems, just like we did." Uncle Jim had to swollow hard. He turned his head to wipe the tears that started to well in his eyes. Thinking of the reasons why he was here must have triggered the emotional sadness in his own life. He did well though, chocking it down he popped off with : "
© Copyright 2006 Sailor (hikenme at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1183051-It-happened-somewhere-around-here