*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1183291-Natural-Alchemy
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1183291
Transmutation of physical and spiritual forms from lower to higher.
Through contemplation..., I have come to find similarities between the process of fertilization, and the human quest for enlightenment or spirituality.

The quest of the sperm cell to unite with the egg is similar to that of the would be Adept’s quest for enlightenment in that it is an attempt by both to achieve liberation from the misery of being chained to the limited sense of reality perceived in their present conditions.
Mindlessness, or lack of free-will for the sperm, and the limitations of the 5 basic human senses for the would-be Adept.
The Nephesh or "Animal Soul" drives the sperm cell, and the Neshamah or "Higher Self" inspires the initiate, informing each, that in order to advance to the next level or consciousness, they must cease to exist in their present state, thus each must “die” to their present “world” in order to realize a more excellent state of being.
The Abyss, or Great Void must be crossed, the womb must be traversed, thus separating themselves from their companions; each sets out on his journey.
This imagery to me embodies a profound form of natural magick, aimed at achieving a personal experience of the comprehension of no-thing-ness in the absolute realization that everything that indeed seemed to be reality, is now nothing in comparison to the new state of awareness.
As in all things, mundane acts often are a reflection of higher works or processes. This is a form of alchemy, the changing of base materials (the sperm and egg cells, though complex in their own rights, are simple in comparison to their potential in unity) into gold (the human organism).
Such is the plight of the adept; to change him or herself into a more highly evolved spiritual being ( a human being, though much more complex than it's former states as single celled organisms, is limited by self-inflicted preconceptions, and it's dependency upon the senses to interpret the world into which it is born).
When you were conceived, 1 out of about 3 billion sperm cells reached and fertilized the egg in your mothers womb, creating a zygote. Had any other sperm cell gotten there first, you would not be exactly who you are today. The odds against each individual sperm cell achieving their goal of life are insurmountable! You yourself are a miracle and a mystery.
Similar are the odds against one navigating through the maze of spirituality, and obtaining enlightenment.

© Copyright 2006 Ominous (ominous at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1183291-Natural-Alchemy