*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1183401-Abiding-Fire-Chapter-2
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Fantasy · #1183401
To find a hidden world in the middle of a vicious war, make a desion and new friends.
Abiding Fire: Chapter 2
Leaving The Losers And Loving It

Yea, were leaving soon. Good Bye dreary town and egotistical people, summer, fun, sandy beaches, here I come! I need to "finish" packing or, in my case, start. Nera the ulta-organized super sister had finished packing a week ago, I was down to a couple of hours. I dug furiously through my closet and quickly stuffed things in my suitcase. When I was done shoving things in and with the help of a few heavy objects, I closed it. Now, for it's life threatening trip down the stairs.

Soon my entire family was ready to go. We pilled in the car with our luggage, safly storred in the trunk and drove off. Throught the voyage, I alternitly read and listened to music. By the end of the trip, I had managed to read four books and listened to my favorite CD's at least a million times. I was so bored and almost asleep that I didn't even realize the car had rolled to a stop till my parents got out. I stretched and less than gently shook Nera who had fallen asleep a little over two hours ago. She seems to have an uncanny way to fall asleep on comand that I fail to possess.

When I got out, I found myself in front of a charming cottage that looked like it had been around a while but, was well taken care of. It was spring green with dark green borders and shuters. It looked just like the cover of a magazine, and you had to automaticly love it. The inside was just as great with its small friendly kitchen, and cozy living room. The upstairs looked a little more bland until you actually went into one of the rooms. It had three small bedrooms, a bathroom, and a room with a table and chairs.

Both Nera and I loved our bedrooms. Mine was lightly colored with walls that had a base of soft orange and even lighter swirls of blue, pink, yellow, green, and purple in no particular patern and darker blue cloud like blotches here and there. If you looked hard enough you could figure out it was a sunset. The soft light orange carpets looked new but the paint on the walls looked like it had been painted a while ago. There was a bed had a dark blue canopy, that looked sort of old, and a bureu. The best part was the window seat, where I could sit and look out over the lake, it was really beautiful. Everything together made you feel like you were living in a sunset, it was great. This room was better than my room at home. I blew the dust of the light green bureu and began to unpack.

When I was done, I went out on the beach and just sat wondering what the next two weeks would bring. Before long, Nera joined me but didn't say anything for a long time. She just looked over the water and smiled.

"Its really nice here, isn't it?" She saidm, as a statment rather than a question.

"Yea it is. Do you like your room?"

"I absolutly love it! You?"

"I swear it is better than my room at home."

"Come on come show it to me, and I'll show you mine." She said, as she ran inside. It was getting late and a little cold. I followed her inside.




MORE TO COME








© Copyright 2006 Loralilly (loralilly at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1183401-Abiding-Fire-Chapter-2