*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1184366-Show-and-Tell
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Animal · #1184366
This is a story about me ans Cleopatra, my African Loin, at Show and Tell.
Show & Tell
By Rick Youngblood

This is a story about a special event in my childhood that I will always remember.

Cleopatra (Cleo my African Lion) and I where about 5 years old. Well, I had been telling everyone in school about her, but no one believed me. I had asked Dad to bring her to “Show and Tell”, but he said he was just too busy. So, I used the crying tool (Smiles!) and he eventually said he would. We arranged it so I would have the teacher save me for last and Dad would show up right at the end before we all went home. We came up with a password that when I saw dad at the door, he would wait until I was done talking about her and gave the passwords, then he would bring Cleo in.

I was up in front of all the kids, and they where sitting on the carpet facing me, and I was talking about my sister Cleo the lion. But they where all just laughing at me. Yet I kept talking and pretty soon I got really worried that Dad wasn't going to show up with her! (Then I would really look the fool!) But sure enough, he opened the door and waved at me. I forgot what I was saying and just went to the passwords, and Dad walked in with Cleo on a leash.

But all the kids where facing the front and didn't see dad come in. The kids where scattered out all over the floor and there was no isle or room for Dad and Cleo to get through. So, Dad started saying "Excuse me" "Excuse me"

A few turned around at his voice, saw Cleo, and screamed! Real quick All the kids where screaming and climbing all over each other to get away!!! There was Total Panic in the room!

Cleo sees me and hits the end of her leash and I run to her. By now the kids have made room for her, and me, and I ran up the center and put my arms around her. (She in now a full grow lion, and I am still little, so our faces where just about the same height) As I hugged her Cleo started licking my face...Seeing that, the whole room went still…

Everyone was quiet and watching now as I stood there talking to Cleo and her licking me. Pretty soon a boy on my right stood up and asked me "Can I do that?" (I need to explain here that Cleo and I where very close, bottled feed and raised together, and she was very smart) So I turned to Cleo and just nodded to the boy. She turned and gave Him a few licks on his cheek. Right away a girl on my left stood up and asked too "Can I do that too?" and again I nodded to Cleo and she gave her some licks. Now, without a word, all the kids lined up and came before Cleo, and she gave all of them two licks....

After they had all quietly come before Cleo, Dad excused himself and left. All the kids where excited as they went to meet their rides. The teacher called me up to the front of the room. She looked down at me and said "Rick. I owe you an apology. I didn't believe you either" That, was one of the proudest moments of my life.

© Copyright 2006 rickroars (rickroars at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1184366-Show-and-Tell