*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1184373-In-My-Dreams
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Spiritual · #1184373
This is a story about a special dream I have had many times.
IN My Dreams
By Rick Youngblood

This is story about my dreams. In the beginning I briefly talk about my not so pleasant dreams, but then you get to hear about a very special one.


I often have night mares. (I often awake myself by yelling)

The dreams are always different but of the same theme. I am being chased by people that I don't know. (I can Fly, but they can't) And I don't know why they are trying to catch me. But I know that what ever it is I didn't do it! So I try to talk to them, but they don't listen. Yet a few people who aren't chasing me listen and try to tell the others. But they won't listen to them either. So I just keep running. (Flying) Alone...Misunderstood...

I remember one dream where I had a half dozen people who could fly too, and they followed me, my friends. We were flying away from everyone else, off into the unknown. As we got to the boundary of no return, they all stopped. I sensed that they had and turned around. They said that they were sorry, but they didn't want to go any further. I was sad because I wanted to leave this world for a better one, but not alone. They turned and went back. I looked out into the unknown and them back, and knew that if I went any further I could never return. So with mixed feelings, I turned around and headed back too, but my friends were already long gone. I was alone again...




There was another dream that I have often had that was a lot like this, but in a different setting, and much more pleasant.

It always starts with me outside a cabin in the woods. (I know that I am on a different planet way away from every other world) I am chopping wood and sink the ax in a block because I know it is time to go see the children. I walk over to my dog, that isn't a dog but something else, and reach down and pet it and say that I will be back. And then I turn and start flying off into the Valley. (As I do I have a flash memory of falling off a cliff, only to learn that I can fly)

It is a sunny morning. As I get to the valley I turn left. There is a river that runs in the middle of the valley, and I soon see bears catching fish. In a playful mood I fly down to spook them, but when I do they don't see me, but they do sense me. I realize that I am invisible to them. I fly on.



Ahead of me I soon see a huge cliff on the right, sparkling in the sun! That is my destination. As I get there I see that there is a small river that runs back between the cliffs to a waterfall at the back end. (A box canyon) (Each time I have this dream it is like I am experiencing it for the first time, like it is a “me” that I am just now aware of?)

On both sides of the canyon are huge cliffs made of granite. Carved into the faces of the cliffs is a community of homes. On the top of the right side cliff is a gathering area. All the homes are carved well above the ground level. I know that this place has been chosen very carefully for them. They are safe here; for now...

With the broad river valley and the canyon as they are, there is a strong steady wind that blows into the canyon. The People get back and forth by flying kites; hang gliders. They are very skilled at this and learn for a very young age.

As I turn into the canyon I see that they are having a gathering on the cliff top; a picnic. As I approach the gathering I fly in low and the children start laughing and try to grab me! As they do some of the adults look around. A man at the barbeque cooking looks around and asks "what is going on?" Some of the women say "It's just Rick" He says "Oh, ok. Good" (And I now realize that only the children can see me, but the adults now who I am)

At the edge of the cliff top there, there is a stone structure like the work of Stonehenge. Port Holes that they launch their kites from. With the children right on my tail I fly out one of them and the kids, laughing and screaming with joy, they quickly grab their kites and come after me. I just barely stay ahead of them! (They are so natural on the kites that there is no danger to them at all) The Game is On!

We swoop and soar and dodge and play all day long. They never catch me but come very close many times. Time flies as I play with the children. Eventually I see that the sun is going down. I have to leave now or I won't be able to find my way back home in the dark. So I wave good bye to the children and head out of the canyon back into the valley. The children follow me but they can't go out into the valley because the winds die down, so they get to a point and stop, waiving back on there kites.

I am sad to go. This is what I look forward to and is the highlight of my life; flying with the children.

As I fly off, memories return of just what this is all about. These people, the children, are very special, the hope of the universe! They have been placed here at the edge of the galaxy, way away from the other worlds, to hide them from the Evil that seeks to destroy them. The Evil will never stop looking for them. I have both been chosen by the Elders from back home, and volunteered, to be here. I am here to watch over them, to sound the alarm (I have a mental connection the Elders) and to fight to protect them when eventually Evil finds us. I am, "The Watcher of the Children”




When I awake from these, they don't feel like dreams. They seem so real. The feelings they stir are deep rooted. The dreams stay with me. and I am glad it does...
© Copyright 2006 rickroars (rickroars at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1184373-In-My-Dreams