*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1184475-A-vision-of-Design
Rated: 13+ · Non-fiction · Spiritual · #1184475
This is a sotry of a Vision I had in Alaska at the same time a friend had it too.
A Vision of Design
By Rick Adam Youngblood



I was living in Alaska and it was a winter night. A friend; also named Rick, and I where bored and had parked in his truck to drink a beer in a place that was looking out over a frozen forest of small bare-limbed trees. The moon has about full and hung over the trees burning a dull crimson that set the whole scene a sparkle. If that had been all that there was to see that night that’s alone would have been something to remember, but it wasn’t.

We where just sitting there quietly looking out through the windshield. As I admitted, we each had a beer in our hands, but we had only drank one other all night, so we weren’t high or anything. I was admiring the beauty of the night and I assume Rick was also, when something happened that had never happened to me ever before, or since.

As I was admiring the awesome beauty of the landscape, amazed really, my mind, my awareness, me, started floating out the windshield. I mean I was totally awake and aware, and I just started floating out of the truck! I knew that this wasn’t normal, and it sure felt real, but I didn’t feel any sense of panic, I actually just felt more amazed…

I floated out and over the forest. I noticed right away that my senses where super enhanced. I could feel everything: the trees from branch tip to root hair; the wind as it caressed and tumbled over the snow; all the life forms that lived hidden in the soil. I was aware of it all…and further out I went.

I sensed the individual families safe and warm in their homes, an area wide community, the whole state, the ocean teeming with life…and further out I went.

I left the planet behind. The moon and the stars opened up before me, and I could see and feel the precision of their balances, the harmony in their dance …and further out I went.

I sailed into the vast reaches of the universe, through solar system, after solar system, galaxy after galaxy. From the tiniest soil microbe on earth to the last partial of dust at the outer edge of space, I say everything, and in everything were harmony, precision, order, purpose and beauty. Moreover, I was very much aware of the impact this was having on me. I slowed, turned around and started back…

I saw it all again, repeated yet in reverse. Everything in it’s’ place and a place for everything, no effort wasted and nothing missing. I was in total awe, for I knew that I had just been allowed to see the truth, that without any doubt, life is a Masterpiece of Creation!




As I floated back into my body, the shock of the experience hit me and I took a deep gasp of breath! That was just too real! In wide-eyed amazement, still breathing hard, I turned toward Rick, and Rick turned towards me. He too was wide-eyed and breathing hard!!! No WAY!!! ??? Gasping even harder now I said “I just…” and he said “Yea, I just –you too??!!” and I said “Out there…” he said “Way, out…I said” Yea,” And he gasped “Created” I gasped back “Yes, yes” he said “perfect” I said “No doubt...” And so with neither one of use saying more than one or two words at a time, picking up where the other left off, we confirmed that the other had had the same experience, the same vision!

Now, if I had told Rick my experience and then he had said, “yea, I had the same thing happen to me” then I would have my doubts. However, it didn’t happen that way. The way we looked when we turned toward each other and ping-pong dialogue would be impossible to explain away as anything other than it was; we each had the same vision at the same time…

I don’t know if this ended up having an effect on Rick’s life or not, but it greatly affected mine…

I decided that I needed to know “the Truth”

You see, I was wise enough to know that I was going to be real hart to find the truth, so I need to start my Eliminating sources of “So called” truth; and what better source to eliminate than the Bible? It didn’t work out that way.

I went back to my parents’ house that I was raised in, and I had a trailer sitting along the driveway. I had money from my time in Alaska and ended up getting 13 different bibles, Greek to English interlinear’s concordances and sat down to study.

I actually spent a year and a half studying the Bible, and doing almost nothing else. I soon discovered that what I had been told it said it didn’t. But that is another story.

And this was not the first or last spiritually compelling experience that I have had. Some have also involved other people. Two of them saved my life and one gave me and a friend warning that prepared us to quickly save the life of a little girl. You are welcome to read these and other true stories that I have written. They all follow the same theme, that we are not alone and are being watched over and guided. All we have to do is watch and listen or ask…



© Copyright 2006 rickroars (rickroars at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1184475-A-vision-of-Design