*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1185202-Innocent-Counting
by Juni
Rated: E · Short Story · Children's · #1185202
A story about naming our fishes...tough job!!
I bought a small fish bowl and 4 gold fishes for my daughter. She loved having them, and was quite excited to see them swimming, diving, and eating water :) and making a small round cute face as if giving flying kisses to her.

Now next crucial thing in line was to name them, because now they were family and should be treated like two pairs of identical twins and should have some names like all other family members.

Me and my daughter took the task head on.It was the most important and difficult job of my life" naming our four fishes" believe you me, they all looked so same, it was really difficult, which one to name first.

But nevertheless, we began to accomplish the task, seeming impossible, of naming them.

We've been taught to face challanges in life with a wide smile :(.

I had to keep in mind that the names I give them should be familiar to my daughter and should make some sense to her really fresh brain. Uptill now she was only been taught alphabets, numbers , colors and shapes, therefore I had to keep these headers in mind while doing my selection.

We started with alphabets but none appeal, then came colors...confusing as all of them were golden in color, now next choice was shapes, which unfortunately was also same, so we were only left with the last option of numbers.

I scrapped this choice before even trying it out, because it appeared to me really funny to think of name after numbers, but guess, I was wrong , I had forgotten that kids always do something which parents find awkward and funny...hence our fishes were named one, two, three, four...

Happy Counting!!
God Bless
Juni
© Copyright 2006 Juni (deepa2374 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1185202-Innocent-Counting