*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1185267-The-Light-Under-The-Door
Rated: E · Other · Experience · #1185267
This is what I went through as a child..
A young girl was lying in bed.
She had carefully chosen a pink sleeper with safety in mind.
She arranged her position under the blue covers with safety in mind.
She lies in the dark;
She lies very still and watches the light that creeps under the crack of her bedroom door.
Her body is tense,
Her muscles stiff like the doll lying next to her, also carefully arranged.
The covers are pulled up over her rigid body and tucked underneath her small chin.
She watches, almost without blinking; watches the light under the door.
She waits, dreading the possibility that something may come and Block that light..
That something will come down the hall and stop in front of her door.
It will block the light coming in and that will be all the warning she will recieve.
She begins to sweat.
Tremble.
Clench.
She cannot relax or shift.
She cannot bend or move freely.
And most of all, she can not roll over onto her stomach as long as vigilance is required.
But at the edge of all these thoughts..
The young girl knows that none of her safety measures she has put in place will protect her...
If something blocks that light under the door.

-Sarlynn
© Copyright 2006 Riddley S. The Victim (sarlly at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1185267-The-Light-Under-The-Door