*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1185775-Our-habitat
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Other · Animal · #1185775
Our lives have security
Some days I have to find something that is out of my oridnary routine to add variety into my life. It is a way to break the mundane. My own personality at times hungers variety and spontaneous expression.
Today was Saturday and there is no work to hide behind. It is a day that can be flexible and can flow exactly how I wish. I have a 7 year old son that I enjoy spending time with on Saturday. We headed on the highway and spent the day at the Zoo.
My son is a huge monkey fan. For the last three years all I have done is buy every toy monkey, monkey book, and film. Walking around the zoo we spent time at each exibit watching how monkeys interact and "monkey around." Watching how animals naturally live in their environment brings me closer to the way our natural world lives. While walking through the fenced in exhibits I suddenly felt an over whelming feeling of aloneness.
I felt alone almost as if my world was in a little cage... everything would be confined and secure. But......my world and my habitat was not secure. I didn't know what would happen in my life two hours from now. I didn't know if I would be hit by a car on my way home. I almost began to sink as I fathomed how dangerous my habitat is. We have our own predators.
And just as I was walking towards the path to another exhibit
A wonderful thought struck me
My habitat is the planet earth and beyond that is galaxies so vast and so far...
Something so great and so Grand can look at my habitat
just as I looked in on these secure monkeys who were cared for daily with more intellegence that they had.
Our earth has wonderful green plaines and water that nourishes us.
We have playmates that make our life fun and playful
My own habitat is a garden and and it is carefully designed. My security began to increase as I invisioned the Great Shepherd creating the world in all its provisions before creating me and giving me the gift of this habitat.
© Copyright 2006 electricplundge (heavenjazz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1185775-Our-habitat