*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1187020-A-Cold-Entity-Prologue
by Ski
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Fantasy · #1187020
The prologue to my popular novel, a Cold Entity
I watched them charge ahead towards the town from the window of my tiny house. It was the middle of the night, but everything was bathed in white light, shining down from a full moon up above.

As they came closer, I could hear the clatter of thousands of hooves against the ground, and soon after horses, dressed in armor, came into view. They were charging at full speed. I knew they were coming before this. I had sensed it. I had woken up, just to watch them come. I felt a rush go through me, as did a painful longing. All I could do was watch them come, and nothing else. I could stop them, but I knew I couldn't. I couldn't interfere with these human affairs. I was too young. I couldn't do anything about it. I could only sit and watch them get closer, and get ready for my city to be taken over. They were the people that everyone spoke of and feared. The Trodains, who travelled around taking over everything, from villages to entire cities. They thirsted for power. And they could take over by sheer force.

Closer they came. The hooves came louder. I knew what would happen next. They would storm the city. They would kill and captures its people. They would take it over and use it for themselves.

I closed my eyes. Louder. Louder. I knew what this meant. I couldn't interfere now, but later I could. After everything had taken its due toll and course, I could step in. This was a turning point for me.

At some point in time, they entered the city, but I had already drifted into a sleepy trance, unaware to everything. I knew and had heard what happened, though. They slit the throats of those who were sleeping, and trampled those who stood in their way. They killed whoever stood in their way. When they got tired of this, they simply captured everyone against their will, kicking and screaming as they were taken away. Blood washed the streets red. I recall myself being grabbed and taken away. I didn't struggle I let them. I let them take me away. I simply drifted back to sleep, and waited, dreaming happily. I didn't worry.

I was safe from them.
© Copyright 2006 Ski (ski_hawk at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1187020-A-Cold-Entity-Prologue