*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1187179-The-United-Nations-and-Africa
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by lezaz
Rated: E · Other · Opinion · #1187179
it tell us if Africa should or should not support the United nations
BY AKAABOUNE OTH


United Nations AND Africa



According to Wikipedia Website The United Nations (UN) is “an international organization whose stated aims are to facilitate co-operation in international law, international security, economic development, and social equity. It was founded in 1945 at the signing of the United Nations Charter by 50 countries, replacing the League of Nations founded in 1919.”Meaning, this organization is created to spread peace around the world, execute the laws, and forbid wars, but is it true? Generally in Africa this poor continent which suffer from civil wars and especially in Morocco. So should Africa support this organization?

Most people knew about the crisis Liberia in Africa. The Liberian war still two years causing thousands of civilians had died and a lot of refugees taken place in neighboring states. Even all that the UN did not react did not show interest to stop this disaster. Furthermore, at this time when the (ECOMOG) “Economic Community Military Observers group” were in Liberia to calm down and try to protect the civilian population, the Liberian president was arrested and executed in the presence of the organization. In general, the Security Council did not mind of the conflict that was in Liberia.

So for this case that Africa should not support the UN because if this organization does the same thing with others countries, it can cause some social damages, such as, the people will be angry because they won’t see any reaction from UN if this country will be in war. Also people know about the codes that are not executed like the one on Morocco “United Nation refused to recognize Morocco’s sovereignty over Western Sahara” “United Nations Law and Security Council” “Max Hilaire”
So certainly, people won’t trust their government if this government support UN.

Africa should not support UN because of the racism that appears in their meetings. The UN has been a biased organization since its creation. Even though the UN is said to promote human rights and peace all over the world, its approach and how the UN actually functions remains very questionable and discriminatory. In fact, only five countries have the right to use a veto which would annul any resolution the Security Council comes up with. This is a big whole in the functioning of the UN, since these five countries can do anything they want without fearing being subject to any kind of sanctions from the UN. In fact they are at the same time parties and judges.
Africa should not support the United Nations because if the political damage that can be caused. The fact that the UN doesn’t treat all countries equally, makes that the UN has problems with some countries especially in the middle east region that don’t think the UN is doing what it is supposed to do. African countries should not support the UN if they want to entertain good relations with these countries that are close geographically and somehow culturally as well. Furthermore, African countries should try and support these countries to make a counter-balance to the UN and maybe try to push towards more fair resolutions. By actively supporting these countries, African countries will gain the respect of these countries as well as that of future generations.
To conclude, Africa should not support this organization because of many reasons “social, political, Racism….” and all those reasons occur anger among people that because of some books like “Law In The War on International Terrorism” (Ved P.Nanda) “West Africa’s security Challenges” (Adekeye Adebajo & Ismail Rashid), people know all the verity about the world and what happen around them; so they can choose their destiny.
© Copyright 2006 lezaz (rayanus at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1187179-The-United-Nations-and-Africa