*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1187282-My-first-conflict
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by lezaz
Rated: E · Short Story · Friendship · #1187282
in these few lines i wanna share with you my little story

By Akaaboune OTH



The first conflict

When I first came at University “Al Akhawayne University in Ifrane”, I was feeling very lonely. I used to know nobody, but once I met a girl I thought was wonderful. We quickly got along with each other, and she became my best friend. We spent terrific time together and shared a lot of great moments. Nevertheless, she called me one day on the phone and as usual we started talking about everything and nothing. However, this night was not as usual as it seemed to be. The tone of her voice was not ordinary. Little by little, I realized that all she wants to talk about is my past experiences with girls. She wanted to know everything about my girlfriend, a topic she would have never asked about. We talked on the phone for more than three hours. Then, we felt tired and went to sleep.
In the next morning, I was going to class when I met her. I was very happy to see her, but she was not as glad to see me as I was. She shocked me; the way she talked to me was totally different from normally. I did not know why!!? From that day, I remarked that she was avoiding me. I could not stay looking at the situation without doing anything. So, I decided to go and talk to her. When I did so, she told me that she got enough and that she does not want to talk to me anymore. I did not even know the reason why she was doing so. Until now she does not talk to me even though she I my classmate in the communication course and I see her everyday.
It is true that I do not want this conflict to last, but I tried resolution and it did not work. Therefore, what I am doing now is trying to manage it. I prefer to set it aside than having to confront her again. Because of this conflict, I lost a very close friend. For the first time of my life I feel being rejected from a person I like. I know it is hard to re-establish the relationship so I will just hope for the time to solve it.
I could have used emotional punishment by blaming her and hurting her as she has done to me but I was not able. I could have made her regret by reminding her of what we shared. I had the possibility to use emotional power to push her tell me the causes of the conflict. Then eliminate these reasons and bring the conflict to an end, but all memories I keep of days I spent with her prevented me from doing so. I felt she was more powerful than me because she was the one to decide to end our relationship, and who first emotionally punished. I am so confused and sad about it that I do not think I can cope with it. As a result, I will manage it.
© Copyright 2006 lezaz (rayanus at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1187282-My-first-conflict