*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1187912-Days-of-pain-and-Pleasure
Rated: E · Essay · Biographical · #1187912
Today's sorrow, will be strength tomorrow
Pain…hmm, unkind, yet required sometimes. Actually, I had faced many days of this sort. Recently, I had sat for my final examination. That was the time my sister-in-law went through the last stage of pregnancy. So, obviously, she was not so well.

Despite having an exam knocking at my door, I had to do some works because in a joint family, I had to care about others’ feelings too. As a result, I could not study as much as required, but I had many dreams about this exam.

I know there are many students who look forward to vacations after exams. Staying at home makes me lonely, so certainly I became very happy after hearing that A- level students never get vacations. I was happily doing classes until I got an answer sheet of my favorite subject checked.

People present in class that day know how I felt. The marks painted in red ink on the front page directly stabbed my heart at the first sight. But thanks to the teacher, he did not shower beads of marks on me just to make me happy. Instead, the footnotes scribbled underneath each answer guided me through many fields of the subject like a lantern in darkness. And shock? For me that is definitely strength, because sorrow makes me desperate to brush away my weaknesses.

I had gone through the whole paper that night, and realized that I had to pay for being in a real hurry, being too quick is never smartness.

I was having difficulties with the attitudes and teaching methods of a certain teacher. Pleasure circulated in my veins as I got introduced to another new teacher of the same subject. I was amazed to see how he handled a new student like me with tender care. I asked myself:

“Fool!" Just what are you doing to repay these guides who are cleaning the crooked path of your life with knowledge?”

I could only answer: “I’d certainly try.”

Just before another exam, my sister-in-law experienced labour and I had to play with my little nephew to keep him away from his mother, sacrificing my own study time.

Obviously, lack of studies was reflected in that paper as well. But surely Allah did repay me for that sacrifice with a beautiful little niece, the little toy I have always wanted.
*Heart*
391 words

© Copyright 2006 Humming Bird (falguni at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1187912-Days-of-pain-and-Pleasure