*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1189831-Sword-of-Fear-Chapter-1-to-3
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #1189831
A warrior seeks revenge and becomes a target for two armies....
Chapter 1: The Warrior Found


1.
Wind blew, picking up dust as Aeroke tread among the village. He knew what was next; it was deep within his own gut. Just then, as if on cue, an arrow sped from a farm, a quarter of a league away. Aeroke jumped in the air, landing on his hands, doing handsprings in a series of four. Three arrows protruded out of the rough road, causing the center to slightly crack. Aeroke, about 13, was sturdy and strong. His shoulders were broad and arms thick. The young man was about average adolescent height and had short silver hair. Green eyes sparkled off a handsome face.

A man came from the farm riding on a beautiful black horse. The man had black hair, a wrinkled face, and brown eyes. Aerok was only eye level to his neck when he leaped off the horse. A black tunic waved in the wind, and a red cape followed.

"Well done," commented the man.

He put a hand on Aeroke's shoulder and gazed into his green eyes. Aeroke's white and gold-hemmed tunic was grasped tightly.

"Now we will see, Aeroke, how skilled you are at hand-to-hand combat."

As he spoke, the man spun Aeroke and kicked him in the face, only to see that Aeroke grabbed his foot and punched him in the torso.

"Umph!" breathed the man as he fell to the ground. Aeroke walked over and stepped on his neck.

"I win, Rquint." said Aeroke, smiling. Rquint slowly got up, breathing heavily.

"I...will...go...tell...the king...that you...are ready for the Grand Warrior Tournament," he gasped.

Aeroke bowed.



Right after Rquint rushed to the king to tell him of the news, Aeroke continued his relentless training. "Do not fear what you have learned, only fear about what you can do with it." As Aeroke continued his combat training, those words hit him hard...they were the last words of his father, Tomoz, before he died in a grave and fierce war. When Aeroke discovered what he was, he hid in the darkest corners of his thoughts, hiding in his village, Mor'Waq, hoping that it wasn't true. It was. "I need to continue my training, not linger on old memories of the pas-..." someone walked behind him. Aeroke whirled around and grabbed the person's hand.
"Oh," said Aeroke quietly as he realized it was, Meymoria, his love.
"I wanted to see you," she spoke softly, something was troubling her. Meymoria was an elven lady, unlike Aeroke, only she was not old. She was barely above his age. Meymoria looked more beautiful than usual, even in her depressed state. She had blonde curly locks that reached her shoulders. Her form was extremely beyond any woman;her eyes were emerald and she had lanky arms. She wore a long green tunic with brown gloves. A sword of elven craftsmanship sheathed at her side. Curvey lips frowed on her sunlit face. She wore black lime green leggings, hiding a deadly dagger. She inched closer to Aeroke, feeling his warm body against hers.
"What is troubling you?" asked Aeroke, grasping her slightly tighter. She hesitated for a moment, and then said in a serious tone, "Your first fight is against...Quarvanti." At the sound of the name, Aeroke was taken a back. He went to a dummy and started punching it contiuously, performing different combinations with an accelerated speed twice as fast as the last. Then, he did all his moves, accelerating, kicking and punching in the most difficult sequences possible. "It can't be... thought Aeroke, he disappeared years ago..i have to beat my best friend...if i have to...maybe i should quit, i cannot bring myself to beat him, i can't."



Fear clouded Aeroke's mind, consuming his thoughts. It was evening and tomorrow was his match against Quarvanti. Meymoria left in late afternoon, she had to go back to Q'Oto for a certain mission. He went back to the main street of the village, Mor'Waq. The village was poor, yes, but extremely nice in many ways. Houses were built in an awkward pattern, as if one was in front of the other. Aeroke continued walking down the street, until he reached a rather happy looking farm. This farm looked like many, it was made out of pine wood and deteriorated with age. Two windows looked down upon Aeroke, eyeing him carefully. A face popped up in one, it was his brother, Mortaw. Mortaw was eleven years old and had black hair stretching to his shoulders. He was skinny, but has survived all these years. Brown eyes gazed upon Aeroke, waiting for him to come inside. Today, he wore a brown tunic with black gloves. Black leggings went over his knees and to his ankles. He was about eye level with Aeroke's chest. Aeroke walked inside, the cold stinging at his eyes. He opened the door, it took him all his might just to keep the wind from closing it shut before he got inside. Mortaw ran through the kitchen and came forward, eyeing Aeroke cautiously.
"Welcome back, brother!" exclaimed Mortaw, stretching out his arms, waiting for a hug in return. Aeroke grasped his brother tightly, wrapping his arms around him.
"It's good to be back," said Aeroke truthfully. He had not been home for weeks, training with Rquint outside of the village, 6 leagues east of here. He was truly happy to be back. His mother, Hartaya, came rushing into the room, hugging Aeroke tightly.
"O, I'm so glad your home!" exclaimed his mother happily.
"Me too, mom," replied Aeroke, putting down his pack. Hartaya was a beautiful woman, age not affecting her. She had brown, curly hair and light brown eyes. She was about a head taller than Aeroke, and wore a white gown. She had on brown leggings also, hiding her scar on her right leg. Hartaya got the scar during a fight with her ex-boyfriend three months ago. This boyfriend had stabbed her in one of his drunken rages, making her almost bleed to death.

They talked for hours, the three of them catching up on the weeks they missed together. Finally, Aeroke said his good nights and went to bed. This will be the first time he had a good night sleep in weeks. When dawn came, Aeorke put on his best clothes, a dark black tunic, black leggings, brown gloves, and his sword. He also found his E'Tara necklace. The necklace was shaped like a star, with a circle outside of it. It would glow blue in signs of tremendous danger. "I will need this for this match," thought Aeroke. "This time, I won't go easy."


Aeroke walked among the town, searching for the arena. He walked for hours until his trainer, Rquint, found him.
"I've been looking for you!" he said menacingly, grabbing Aeroke by the arm and pulling him to a dead alleyway. Aeroke was released and he followed Rquint suspiciously. They finally reached the dome arean, filled with a vast number of people, cheering and screaming into the skies.
Rquint turned to Aeroke, gazing past him."Go to the dressing room, you will recieve instructions there." He bowed and then hurried into the stadium. Aeroke arrived at the dressing room, amazed at how many contestants there were. Many looked fierce, but most were scared, praying that they wouldn't die today. He walked to an empty bench, colored maroon with gold stripes. He was already dressed, so he patiently sat there, staring at the other lockers. A man walked into the dressing area, commanding everyone to quiet down. As he spoke, he had a certain inate superiority to his voice, "Welcome to the Grand Warrior Tournament! I am Sartave," he bowed. Sartave looked a lot like Rquint, except that he had black hair and a scar across his left eye. Blue eyes bored into each and everyone of the fighters. He had red armour and a decorative helmet held at his side. A long waraxe was sheathed at his right hip. A blue cape draped down his back. He had explained that there were no rules, except not to run from battle. Sartave now said the first match was Aeroke and Quarvanti, and he commended that the rest of the fighters go to the top of the benches at the east wing. Fighters filed out, while Quarvanti and Aeroke came out last, not even glancing at each other. Quarvanti was 15. Blue hair went to the bottom of his ears. Elven ears slanted upward and flickered at every sound. He had maroon eyes and his face was almost perfect, except for a pink scar that stretched across his cheek. He was dressed in blue armour, and black golves. A mail coif lay down behind his neck. He walked gracefully and silently. He was two heads taller than Aeroke, making him seem superior. An iron longsword lay sheathed at his left side. I can beat him, thought Aeroke, I can! Both fighters went to the center of the battlefield eyeing each other closely. Sartave stood proudly between the two, calming the already excited crowd. Once both fighters raised their right hands, indicating that both were ready, Sartave yelled, "Begin!" and the fight was on.




Quarvanti sped toward his opponent, sword held in a swinging position, ready to strike. "Death will come to you quickly, my friend." Aeroke stood in his place, preparing to parry the blow. Quarvanti attacked with all his brawn and accuarcy, aiming for Aeroke's head. Aeroke averted the attack and struck him in the right side with his left fist, forcing him to flip forward, landing on his back. He usheathed his sword and pointed it toward Quarvanti's neck. The older warrior wasn't finished yet. It was tough, but Quarvanti managed to kick up his legs, nailing Aeroke in the lower lip. Aeroke tasted blood, its warm feeling streaking down his chin, but he didn't give up. With all his energy left in him, Aeroke shot toward Quarvanti. The fighter struck him left and right, speeding up his punches and kicks. Older warriors would've blocked these hits, but Quarvanti was too slow and was getting bruised and bloodied all over the place. Purple spots started to form over his arms and legs, and blood started pooring down his face. Great warriors wouldn't quit and he didn't, squaring a bruise and making Aeroke bleed here and there. After a while, Quarvanti took his sword and, in Aeroke's weakened state, stabbed him in the ribs, blood spewing all over the field. Aeroke fell on the ground, picking up dust as he landed. Sartave stepped in and started saying something, but then a silvery aura enveloped Aeroke, lifting him off the ground. Its glow also reached his eyes, forcing them to turn competely silver. The young warrior lifted his sword, it also consumed by the mysterious force. He lifted his sword with speed unimaginable, and just like that, Quarvanti was stabbed in the chest, killing him instantly.

His death was instantaneously noticed by Aeroke, and the silvery aura disappear in a whiff of smoke;the silver in his eyes slowly disappearing, returning to normal. When he was declared winner, he went to the balcony, and sobbed.
"Why?"Aeroke thought, "I should've lost...but I couldn't control it...I just couldn't."








--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Chapter 2: The Arrow in the Chest






The matches were brutal, almost each and every one of the young soldiers dying for a simple cause: to be the best. Quarvanti had died and Aeroke certaintly didn't want to battle anymore;he had already killed someone, but then again every other fighter had either been injured or worse. He had to though, and the final match was coming up next. Sartave called out two fighters: Aeroke and Harwantem. Harwantem, a dwarf, had a long, red beard that stretched from his upper lip to the center of his stomach. A blue metal shaft stretched from a curving blade. It was a waraxe. The axe went from his chest to the floor, and the blade shined into the stadium. The dwarf had blue eyes, and had brawny arms and legs. His height was as tall as from Aerok's hip to his feet, but he was a deadly little creature. He grinned as he waddled to the center of the field where Sartave was standing tall and cheerful;he hasn't had to stop any fights today. The warriors reached the middle of the arena and immediately raised their hands. Both of them already had their hands on their weapons before Sartave called them. Sartave yelled "Begin!" and the battle started. Aeroke immediately started attacking, the dwarf too slow because of his small body mixing with an axe in his hands. Aeroke had him on the ground before two minutes was up, but the dwarf swung his axe, and with his mighty strength, cut deep into Aerok's stomach, blood raining to the ground. Blood dripped and spilled down his stomach, Aeroke dying rapidly. Aeroke didn't give up, and the fight raged on. Their weapons danced in a field of sparks, both of them charging at each other with all their strength. Death neared Aeroke and he knew it, so with all the potential left in him, he said," I give up." Aeroke gasped his last breath, and collapsed on the dusty floor, blood still sliding down the right side of his ribs...



When Aeroke collapsed, his beautiful love, Meymoria, rushed down to him, tears flooding down her face.
She cried and cried over his limp body screaming into the heavens, "Please no, not him!"
Many scurried down from the stands, eager to see what happened.
A doctor said, "Do not crowd around him everyone, let me work on him."
Aeroke was bandaged and kept in extreme care, doctors checking him every minute. Days went by and his mother and Meymoria stepped through the door. Hartaya was dressed in a green gown, so long that it dredged across the floor behind her. Meymoria was clothed in her black armour, and her hair was put up in a ponytail. Brown gloves were pulled over her sanitized hands. Her elven sword was sheathed at her right hip.
Aeroke awakened and groggily spoke, "Meymoria...mom?"
Meymoria spoke first, speaking incoherent things in rapid succession, "How are you? Are you okay?...I--"
Aeroke interrupted her with a raise of his hand, "I'm fine...how is Mortaw?"
Finally, Hartaya spoke, studdering, "I-I...He's o-okay...We-we just missed you i-is all..."
Aeroke lifted his injured body, and wincing from the pain, managed to sit himself up. The blankets that once concealed his handicap, slid down his body. Meymoria cried uncontrollably when she saw the gruesome sight laid out before her. A bandage was halfway wrapped around his cut, showing his intestines and guts. Bones were moved around and placed in an awkward pattern so the organs and muscles had room to regenerate. "What have you gotten yourself into, my son?" asked Hartaya, shifting in her sit.
Aeroke laughed, tears welling up in his eyes from the effort. "Its just to show that I can go in the army against the Lands of the West...." He coughed, drops of blood flying out of his mouth, "I want to protect my land, so I can put fear into the hearts of my enemies."
A loud knock ceased their conversation and Harwantem walked in. His head was low and when he looked up, tears were in his eyes.
"I'm so sorry...I didn't want this to happen!" he cried out.
"Its--," started Aeroke but he was cut off by Harwantem's wailing.
"I grew up in a good home, full of wonderful people." He hobbled to the left side of Aeroke, the wieght of his axe causing him to limp.
"You," he continued, "grew up in a poor home, people not noticing you and bad things happening to you, and you had your chance to prove yourself and now your family has more things to worry about...I'm sorry."
Aeroke, shocked by this speech, opened his mouth, but nothing came out. Harwantem stood up, bowed, and walked out of the room;a doctor holding the door for him.
"Times up," said the doctor. Hartaya and Meymoria said their goodbyes and left, tears streaming down both their faces, and Aeroke thought, "I am truly sorry..."



Aeroke's recovery was swift and he was soon back on his feet. He continued his training with Rquint, growing stronger each day until Rquint was an easy match for him;forcing him to give up each time they sparred. After months of brutal training, Aeroke was finally home. The young warrior was now 14, and was at least a half an inch taller than before;his head now equal with Rquint's nose. His hair was the same, and his arms were twice as strong as before. Those weak legs were now three times more powerful;making his speed as fast as an elves. Eyes that once were young told of wisdom and truth each time they gazed upon a face. Mor'Waq was now far worse. Houses were burned to ashes and smoke drifted off through the sky. People that once had a home were street rats and had to eat garbage from everyday trash. Hartaya was among them, but she looked different. Her face was now boney and had a mysterious gaunt look. The form that she once had was beaten and stripped away of all life;scars were taking over her body, as if they lived on her themselves. She walked toward him, shaking violently when she finally spoke.
"Someone or something attacked our village. They burned down the homes and said 'King Lvas now rules, obey him or die of disloyalty,' and then Meymoria came...she fought them off but..she was wounded and had to go back to Q'Oto." She turned pale and collapsed on the muddy road.



Aeroke kneeled beside his mother, placing two fingers on her neck to check her pulse. She was ok...for now. He searched for some sign or trace of the people who had done this to his village. The young warrior found tracks three leagues east of Mor'Waq....the criminals were heading for Azomor, the City of Dragons. After the battle against Quarvanti, crowds of people had asked him where that silvery aura came from, but he didn't know himself. Then, when the Grand Warrior Tournament was over, Rquint told him what it was. A silver dragon, named Kroae, was the protector of the land, and saved many. Soon, the dragon was dying and they had to find a way to keep his spirit awakened. Garwante, the village leader of Q'Oto asked the dragon to choose a certain body to keep him alive. The dragon chose Aeroke when he was two months old.

Now Kroae sought to come out and protect his owner, so he formed a silvery aura and told Aeroke everything was alright, but instead killed Quarvanti. Today was a day to control this new power Aeroke had. When he came to Q'Oto;he tried to find Meymoria, but to no avail. Soon Aeroke went back to Mor'Waq and found Harwantem, his old friend from the tournament. Harwantem lived in a small hut a half a league south of Mor'Waq. Dwarves were known to live in small adobes a little distance from a village. The dwarf was the same, except he wore green dwarven armour and a black dwarven helm, carved with dragons and axes in exceptional craftsmanship. Harwantem was already packed when Aeroke asked him to travel;he immediately said yes. They traveled by horse, using Aeroke's. Soon when they stopped they spoke to each other calmly.
"Why are you following them?" queried Harwantem, scarfing down his meat.
"They destroyed my village and now I'm letting Kroae help me," replied Aeroke, standing up.
"I cannot let them go without punishment, whoever they are and so help me if I find them, I will make them beg for death!" Aeroke walked quickly, pacing up and down the camp. The fire they made was slowly dying out and dawn was coming. No one had sleep that night, except Yorito, Aeroke's brown painted stallion. Both of them got up and continued toward Azomor, meanwhile getting lost in the forest of Tutoro.
"Damn it," swore Aeroke as he caculated where they were.
"What is it?" asked Harwantem, slowly lifting his axe.
"We're in Tutoro," anwsered Aeroke softly, listening intently.





Tutoro was not the best place to be in, especially if you're a lost traveler. The goblins lived here, and they did not like unwelcome guests. Trees loomed over Aeroke and Harwantem as they slowly rode down the darkened trail. An arrow hit a tree, just inches from Aerokes nose.
"Damn goblins!" cursed Aeroke, as he kicked his horse to speed up. Horses were fast, but if in Tutoro you have no chance. Yorito was shot in the chest and the horse flipped forward. Aeroke and Harwantem went flying, both landing soundlessly on the ground. Goblins swarmed the forest;each of them screaming murderously as they neared their prey.
"What business do you have here?" asked the head goblin in a raspy voice. He had elven ears and a green, slimey, wrinkly face. Black lips moved slowly as he spoke. The goblin was half the size of Harwantem. All the golbins looked the same;bows ready and swords grasped. They each wore a fur coat and a belt with goblin brown, ripped leggings. Head goblins always wore an eye on their foreheads.
"We are free travelers searching for certain men who came from Mor'Waq;we're heading toward--" but he was cut off as the goblins unsheathed their swords and notched their bows.
"Fine," said Aeroke, as the silvery aura once again clung to him, and his eyes turned totally silver, "if you want a battle, we'll give you one!" Harwantem was already a top the goblins slaying at least five with each swing of his axe. Aeroke's sword turned even more silver;it now burst into silvery flames. He dashed with dragon flying speed toward a group of the little monsters and swung his sword. Silver flames consumed them all burning them to ashes. Then, the head goblin saw him and charged. The goblin swung his sword right at Aeroke's head. Aeroke's silvery outline bent the goblin's sword and flung the goblin into a tree with so much force that his head popped right off; blood covering the tree. After the goblins saw this they attacked Aeroke, full force. Aeroke swung his blade with tremendous speed; smiting his enemies and sparks flying off each time two blades met. When the battle was over, Aeroke turned back to normal; the color returning to his eyes. "It is finished...my friend..." said a voice in Aeroke's head,and he jumped on his horse.
"Thank you, Kroae." said Aeroke with his mind back to Kroae.
"Your welcome," replied Kroae. Aeroke rode and got Harwantem, and then they were off...returning to the trail of Azomor...



They rode along the trail;trying to get back on track. Distant songs from birds were heard and trees whistled with the wind. Both of the travelers reached the end of the forest, and they saw a magnificent sight. Azomor, the City of Dragons, stood tall and proud with its buildings covered with red brick. White houses were standing in a straight line. People among the city busied themselves, and children played in the streets blissfully. Aeroke and Harwantem walked into the streets;searching for their enemies. The newcomers asked around, but nobody knew where the evil men were.

When dusk came, they found a hotel seemingly deserted. No one was there, so they treated themselves to a suite. Morning came, and Harwentem was no where to be found. Aeroke awoke, and when he sat up, a man, covered in a red cloak and hood up over his head, stood staring into his prey. His sword was emblazoned with a red star near the tip. The man held the sword over his head in a slashing position. Aeroke saw this and rolled out of bed. He grabbed his sword and put himself in attack mode. The young swordsman was still dressed in his yesterday's clothes, but he did not have his gloves. The man in the red cloak neared and started attacking with inhuman speed;doing the most difficult combinations Aeroke had ever seen, but Aeroke matched his sword with the man's. Their swords danced in a ballet of flying sparks;niether one could overpower the other. Aeroke was getting weaker by the second, and he knew it. So he decided to use Kroae's power to his control. A silvery substance crept around Aeroke, then clung to him;producing a silvery outline of his body. His eyes were closed and when he opened them; they were consumed in a silvery mass. The eyes stared into the faceless enemy with strong determination. Aeroke's sword was also covered in the force, and he smiled slightly.
"You are now no match for me," said Aeroke, his voice raspier than before. More red cloaked men came through the room's door; moving with speed the naked eye could not follow, but Aeroke's new power could. Aeroke attacked again; this time his speed twice an elf's. After a while, Aeroke weakened them and became omnipotent. He stabbed one through the chest and kicked him out an open window. Then he cut open anothers stomach and threw him the same window by the scuff of the neck. Three others fled before his malice, and jumped out the window, landing gracefully on their feet. Aeroke turned back to normal and thanked Kroae again. Harwantem heard the noise and barged into the room. The dwarf saw holes in the wall from the red cloaked mens' swords.
He stammered and asked, "Wha-what happened?!"
"Kroae and I found our friends," replied Aeroke, and stood up.
"We'll follow the three that fled, and see where they're hiding place is."
"What do we do then?" asked Harwantem, curious.
"We give them a suprise they'll never forget."




Harwantem and Aeroke flipped out the widow;landing silently on the road below.
"What the hell!?" cursed Aeroke, as he checked the road for blood tracks. There were none. He searched through all the streets until he found a piece of evidence the attackers were here. A piece of one of the red cloaks was wavering with the wind;stuck on a tree limb.
"Well, looks like we know where they're-," Aeroke was cut off by three of the red cloaked men, this time each holding two swords.
"Ah, hell, don't these guys ever give up!" commented Aeroke, and he was quickly attacked. Harwantem was there before Aeroke could react, and hastily engaged in battle. Aeroke unsheathed his sword and slashed at the one on the left, but two sword reached down, and in an array of sparks, parried the blow.


Both warriors knew this could be there last battle, but they held strong. While Aeroke fended off one red cloaked man on the left, Harwantem took the other two on the right. Sparks flew as each swordsman did not give in;breaking apart and joining back in another series of complex swordsmanship. Aeroke stabbed his enemy on the right, but the man parried the strike easily and struck Aeroke in the torso. The brave warrior took this chance to get a mite bit of power from Kroae;the dragon spirit inside him. Little circles of silver formed around the pupils of his eyes;making the hue barely visible, so they did not know that he was using this great power. He continued his relentless onslaught striking here and there;making one attack twice as strong as the last. Finally, Aeroke locked his sword with the red-cloaked man's two swords and twirled them in the air. He kicked out his left leg with a hook and nailed his opponent in the bone of the cheek. Then, he caught one of the man's swords in his left hand and lowered them to the mysterious criminal's neck. Rage welled up in Aeroke, and he decapitated the man's head;blood pooring out of his headless spine.

Harwantem took advantage of the murdering, and thrust his axe into the man on his left side;the man slumped to the ground-dead. The last one fled;picking up speed as he looked back at the two killers.
"That takes care of that..."breathed Harwantem. Aeroke cleaned his sword with his tunic and sheathed it at his side.



Harwantem turned to leave, but an arrow whistled past his face. The arrow flew for a moment, then the red-cloaked figure turned around. A scream emaniated from his lips as the arrow struck his chest. Aeroke turned around and saw Meymoria in her black armor and a bow in her hand. She walked forward when she saw Aeroke and unsheathed her sword. Red light came from behind the trio in a loud blast of fury. When Aeroke looked back toward Meymoria...she was gone.
"We should go..I think I hear soldiers coming," warned Harwantem.
"Alright...go this way." Aeroke pointed toward a city about a half a league away. Both warriors clicked their heels on the sides of their horses and they were off. As they reached the city, people stopped their work and glared at them with wary eyes. Paper blew in Aeroke's face and he snatched one, curious. He stared at the picture of him and Harwantem, both a reward of 200 crowns.
"We should lea-" he tried to say, but was cut off as he was struck with an arrow on his shoulder. Aeroke heard a familiar voice, saw red on his shoulder, and dropped off his horse; the world growing darker and darker...





--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Chapter 3: Escape from Death

Author's Notes: This part of the story actually contains extreme gore and violence. Reader discretion advised.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------





Aeroke awoke, the world a big blur. He moaned and slowly rose. Blankets wrapped around him tightly, constricting his breathing and locking his ribs. Ropes bound his hands together against a freshly-built wooden pillar. As he stretched out his cramped legs;a shock of blinding pain seared through his right shoulder, then he winced and looked toward his wound. An arrow protruded out, re-opening the injury each time he moved and brought fresh blood and affliction down his arm. The area around him was hazy but visible. There were cracks on the roof and floor, the new pattern looking like lightning from a storm. Drips of water fell on his head, drenching small parts of his hair. Rusted-iron bars, old but strong, sealed him in from the freedom of the outside.

Loud clanging of armor and the sounds of pounding footsteps helped Aeroke become more alert. Soon, a weary face and blue eyes appeared in front of the cell. The man had long white hair and an expressionless face. A black metal shaft with a blue swirling orb on the tip shined in the blue rising sun.
"You have caused us much trouble, young Aeroke," said the man, sounding irritated,"killing my best men was not the greatest plan on your part. I wanted to kill Mor'Waq because I found out that a new warrior came...a special warrior. So I decided that to find you, I needed to burn the entire village, but enough of the chit-chat. My name is Rerwon."
"Now, I will get you for this," said Aeroke, glaring.
"Hmm...determined, I see...well, then, maybe I should stop feeding you and torture you until you obey my will!"
Rerwon pointed his staff toward Aeroke's ropes. A flash of blue light and metal rattling made Aeroke dazed.
After all was done, Aeroke's ropes were gone and his sword lay near him. He got up and grabbed the sword, then he cautiously walked out of the open cell. Laughter erupted through the jail room, bringing a familiar voice.
"Meet my Red Star Knights you supposedly killed," said the voice. About twenty red-cloaked men with a sword in each hand formed a circle around Aeroke. All of them moved with a speed not unknown to the young warrior and he easily side stepped a blow, then turned around and parried another. Three of the knights attacked from the front, advancing while Aeroke was busy maneuvering around in a shower of sparks and dancing with clanging metal. Arrows struck all the Red Knights, and screaming was heard outside the jail house. One knight jammed his fist into Aeroke's cheek, knocking him out. The last thing Aeroke heard was..."Save this one, and take him to Netao..."


1.
"Awaken, Aeroke!"boomed a voice, forcing Aeroke to stir and slowly open his eyes. He felt a hot, tingling feeling throughout his body and looked down. About five blood stained spears were lodged from his kneecaps to his feet. Two slanted knives produced a blood bath from his shoulders. Lastly, two iron axes held his arms out, spanning across a red stained wheel. The room he was in had dim lighting, and sharp curved weapons, used for torturing, hung from a low ceiling. A tall, bald-headed man stood in the center, blue eyes staring at Aeroke. Armor gleamed from the man's body, and a sword sheathed at his side.
"So, you are the one causing all the trouble, I see...? Well, this time you won't be alive to cause us any delays in our plan to take over the land...we want to name it Parmoriasa, for it has no name, just the East land. For now, I'll see to it that your a target for our archer's bow practice."

With a glance at the door, he turned and walked out, saying something to one of his soldiers. They took Aeroke and put him in the practice field, where rows of archers set their arrows. Blood flooded from his body, taking its toll on the dying hero. Just then, a volley of arrows covered the sky in a moving black cloud, closing in on the blood soaked warrior.

"What the he--!" Before the soldier could finish his sentence, a vast mass of arrows slaugtered the archers."What is going on?!" demanded the man, when he arrived on the field.
"Look, Netao..."said one soldier, pointing to Aeroke, and his silvery shield. Aeroke's body, usually outlined in silver when using Kroae's powers, was consumed in silver flames, and his hair was twice as long, but did not drop down. Four spikes stuck out of his knuckles, and his hands had silver firey balls hovering above them. Some of his teeth curved and sharpened. Aeroke was now on the ground, eyes closed, formulating a plan...

1.
Aeroke quickly opened his eyes and stared at the soldiers with silver consumed eyes. "Good...they fear me, at least...but I won't be able to beat them all alone..." As if they were reading his thoughts, the valiant soldiers charged swinging their swords, but Aeroke disappeared in flames and appeared again behind them, smiling to himself. He sped toward one soldier, the speed unseeable by human eyes and grabbed his sword, it also now being enveloped in the fiery shield. Netao was not shocked and ordered them to circle him. The leader stepped forward, glaring at the hero before him, unsheathing his sword. They both sped forward, but Aeroke was far faster and thrust his flaming sword into Netao, going through his back and blood dripping at the sharp end of the sword. He pulled out his sword quickly, wiped it down, and sheathed it. Just then, the soldiers attacked again and Aeroke was not ready. Two arrows, with Rerwon's help, pierced through the shield and hit him in the chest, damaging the heart. He tried to heal but energy needed to do it was not there..."This is the day....I'm going to die..." His shield shimmered and whisped away, and his eyes turned back to normality of life. The spikes on his knuckles retracted back in, putting holes in them and forcing them to bleed enourmously. Teeth uncurved and reduced to its originality. Aeroke's silver hair, almost like a clean cut, returned to its normal length, and he collapsed. Volleys and volleys of arrows perforated the sky and murdered many soldiers...screams...and then darkness again...for the third time in two days...he collapsed. Aeroke thought, "Damn, why can't I stay awake...?"
1.
© Copyright 2006 Writez-A-Lot (cd_author at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1189831-Sword-of-Fear-Chapter-1-to-3