*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1190131-Something-Youve-Lost
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Emotional · #1190131
Have you ever lost something important to you?
Lost something?

Something you pray to God to find?

Not really having any use of anything else until you've found what you've lost?

Think of something, most likely in your room, that you probably couldn't live without. Maybe it's your favorite stuffed bear. Or maybe your music. Your DVDs. Your laptop.

How about someone in your life?

That's a bit more of a deeper concept but I want you to think real hard.

Who would you miss the most if they just vanished from your life?

Believe it or not that's happened to me and it's probably happened to you too, but if it hasn't... you're lucky. I lost my closest and dearest friend. My friend couldn't talk to me, and he wasn't what you'd expect him to be.

I didn't realize how much I truly cared about him until he was gone.

I often cry and still cry to this day...over the loss of my friend.

He was the adventurous type.

He would sometimes be gone for no more than a couple of hours and then come home. I of course would then yell at him for worrying me so much.

One day though he went out on one of his "adventures."

Hours passed.

A day passed.

Two days.

Three.

He didn't come back, so I went out and looked for him.

Days turned into weeks and still I couldn't find my friend.

Going around asking people, I had learned his description by heart.

No one knew who I was talking about. Many didn't even care.

Three months later.

Everyone who was helping me stopped, trying to convince me my friend was gone forever. No. I wasn't going to give up.

Six months later.

I was beginning to lose hope. I prayed to god that somehow, someway my friend would return to me. Safe, unharmed, and in my open arms at last.

I prayed.

A year passed.

I started blaming myself, thinking about times him and I would disagree. I cried, sometimes until I could cry no more. But in my heart I knew he was out there and I was going to find him.

Today...Six years later.

All hope lost. I had failed to find my friend. Did God think it was time for him to go? Did I do something wrong?

I'm typing this so that the people who read this may know that if something like this has happened to them they are not alone in this forsaken world.

God bless all the friends that we have.

And thank God for the time that we get with them.

~*~*~**~*~*~**~*~*~**~*~*~**~*~*~**~*~*~**~*~*~**~*~*~**~*~*~*~**~*~*

In memorial to my dearest friend...whose body is not found but his spirit lives on in me.

~*~*~**~*~*~**~*~*~**~*~*~**~*~*~**~*~*~**~*~*~**~*~*~**~*~*~*~**~*~*





© Copyright 2006 Ying is a Vampire (ying_of_light at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1190131-Something-Youve-Lost