*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1193941-Mondayitis
by Rayne
Rated: E · Short Story · Other · #1193941
A contest on one way of curing the monday-itis
This story is for a contest:
Update: Story Won Honorable Mention- YaY

I stare at myself in the mirror. I look immaculate, as I should, for the company I work for. My sharp blue pin stripe suit jacket is tailored so that it fits my womanly curves in a seductive way and yet still looks very professional. My matching skirt comes to just above my knees and with the dark blue pumps on my feet I’m sure I’m to cause many a heads to turn.

I smile and I can’t help but to notice that it’s quite cruel. I leave my well-lit bathroom and exit my apartment; double-checking to make sure the door is locked. I pass a woman coming from the elevator juggling two brown paper bags full of groceries. I feel as though I can tell the future. I just know she’s going to drop something and then ask for my help. I sneer as my prediction unravels before my eyes. The woman drops a whole package of toilet paper, Charmin, right into my path.

“Oh, sorry. Could you please…”

I don’t hear the rest of what she was going to ask. I kick the package right into the still open elevator doors and I press the 1 key. I see the woman turn around and stare at me with her mouth open in an O of surprise. I chuckle to myself as the elevator drops to the first floor. Before I exit I kick the lady’s toilet paper out so it’s not waiting for her on the elevator.

I walk out my apartment and turn the corner. I only work a few blocks from my apartment and in this crowded city it’s faster to walk then drive, besides this is how I get my daily exercise. As I walk I see a woman searching frantically in her purse at a vendor. It’s apparent she lost her wallet or something. The vendor is looking annoyed and so are the people behind her.

“I know I have it. Please sir, I have it,” the woman is whining and she starts to check her pockets.

As I walk by I see a crisp bill lying in front of me. In one smooth motion I bend over pick up the bill and continue walking; never breaking stride. No one notices my movements. I look at the bill and smile at Grant’s face.

“Finder’s Keeper’s,” I say to myself and continue on.

I walk into my office building and sigh. I walk to the elevators and press the up button. Out of the corner of my eye I see a woman walk out of the bathroom smoothing down her skirt. The doors open and I enter first letting her enter behind me. I press the 14th floor button and don’t ask what floor she needs. I don’t care.

The woman looks at me for a moment then takes the half step over to the button panel and press 9. I stand in the back and arch my eyebrows at her slightly annoyed look. She turns her back to me and I can’t help but notice the back of her skirt is tucked into her panty hose. I smile to myself as my lips stay glued shut.

‘Her black thong is really pretty, ’ I think to myself.

The doors open and the woman steps off and is bombarded by male employees asking her for coffee, copies, etc. It seems she’s a receptionist and I see the men snicker and make a comment. Before the doors close I see her grab her basically bare bum and yelp in surprise. Right when the door close she turns and I smile that same smile I saw in the mirror this morning. That same smile that lets me know today is Monday, but today hasn’t been too bad, especially with my own little way of getting back at Mondays
© Copyright 2006 Rayne (la_reina at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1193941-Mondayitis