*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1195780-FATHER
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Family · #1195780
My definition of my FATHER
I wrote this for my father on Father's Day, 2005

Father

What is a father, and what does 'father' mean to me?

A father is a man who strives each and every one of his days to nurture, support, and protect his family. To instill in his children the very values, morals and goals that have made him such a remarkable and incredible man.

A father is a man who goes out of his way to help others in need, whether it be by monetary means, or with his physical presence, or just being that someone who will always be there to listen and offer words of advice.

A father is not perfect, nor would he ever profess to be, but he tries to learn from the mistakes that he has made and to pass those learning and lessons onto his children.

A father may not always know how to express his feelings or thoughts verbally, but his every action goes far more in demonstrating those feelings than words could ever do.

A father is someone whose children know they can turn to when they feel they have nowhere else to turn, and he will be the rock that they can always count on. He is always there, and encourages them with his gentle words to push themselves through each difficult situation and become a better and more compassionate person for it.

A father is someone whose children look up to him, and strive to be more like him, and always call him wonderful.

FATHER-THIS SOMEONE IS YOU!!!!

Erica B.
06/2005
© Copyright 2006 singlefancyfree (eb30 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1195780-FATHER