*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1198508-Self-talk-to-get-to-the-Truth
by venu
Rated: E · Thesis · Self Help · #1198508
Talk your way to Freedom
I had written a short piece, my first writing in Writing.Com, (Writing to get to the Truth) on the art of soliloquy and left it at that, waiting for a kind reviewer to prod me for more. I had written that it is our restless mind that causes all our problems (not the other way round - problems causing our mind to be restless.) and suggested that talking to ourselves without a break – which technique I’ve called CONTINUUM – leads to a restful mind and a consequent ceasing of all our problems. Brave-heart reviewer Stephen has encouraged me and as promised, I am going to test the patience of my readers with more on this business of talking to oneself.

What is this new concoction of self-help technique that is been offered? What I am striving to put across is quite modest. Talk to yourself. The natural question would be, but who does not talk to himself (or herself)? I say, of course, yes – and who does not breath? Nevertheless, a whole science of the art of breathing has been espoused. Breath we all do, but what about the art of breathing? This is famous in Hinduism as Pranayama. The practitioners say that if you know how to breath properly, you would be able to transcend yourself and become a higher being, no less. I don’t claim as much for the art of talking to oneself but, nevertheless, with CONTINUUM, one would be able to still one’s mind. Isn’t it said in the Bible, “Still your mind and see God?”. Well, that’s no minor promise.

I hope to continue in Chapter III if someone thinks what I've written is less than nonsense!
© Copyright 2007 venu (venu1005 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1198508-Self-talk-to-get-to-the-Truth