*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1198567-Self-talk-to-the-Truth---Chapter-3
by venu
Rated: E · Thesis · Self Help · #1198567
Talk your way to freedom!
I had an e-mail response to my earlier writing on the subject and I replied as below, which I wish to share with everyone.

Actually 'continuum' is a word I coined for this activity of self-talk. Years back I thought that I was phantasizing too much (by phantasizing I mean the mind thinking or being engaged in pictures, television-like) and my mind was thereby in turmoil and I wanted to rein my mind in. Somehow I felt that talking to oneself would do the trick. Phantasizing is somewhat illogical as opposed to the mind thinking in words, as language had logic for its soul. Therefore, I reasoned, if I could be always talking to myself, then, by virtue of the fact that I am talking in language, which is an orderly phenomenon, my mind would cease to be in turmoil and it would become orderly. Also, I would develop the inner eye, as that's what, I felt logic is.

Since then, I have been trying to always talk to myself and I have, I might claim, become a more stable person thereby. However, my experience is that it is not easy to talk to myself always without a break. I feel that the effect would be fullest only if we talk to ourselves always. I imagine that if we become habituated, we might even have the ‘Continuum’ go on while asleep (I have not reached that stage) and we might then have quite a mind! I have laid down some ground rules right from the beginning. I vowed only to talk very calmly to myself (silently, of course) and in good English.

I write this much and if much more is to be thought about continuum, then we need to have a conversation on this subject. Please do respond again if you feel that I am onto something.
© Copyright 2007 venu (venu1005 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1198567-Self-talk-to-the-Truth---Chapter-3