*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1198907-The-Prince-of-Andale
by A.D.
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Other · #1198907
Something im working on its in rough form. Serious comments.
Keali gazed forelonely at the mirror in front of her and wonder what it is that the others saw. Two moss green almond shaped eyes, well formed nose, bow shaped lips and high cheek bones. All components that made up her face. And to top it all off her crowning glory, waist length glossy black hair.
But where is the beauty? Where is it? I see it not.
Her handmaiden placed the brides veil on her head.
"My Lady you look magnificent! Just as a bride should on her wedding day. Your practically glowing."
The glowing was probably from the two times she lost the contients of her stomach today. It was the nerves. Today she was marrying Prince Mentair, Second son of the elven king. A perfect match. But not a Love match. She did not love him, and he could never love her. She had the most grevious secret.
She, Lady Keali Silverleaf, First daughter to the Kings advisor was a halfbreed bastard.
Apparently her mother and father were not a love match for her mother committed the worst sin of her people. She had an affair with a human. A man that came to speak on behalf of his people. And her husband to be did not know.
"My lady I shall return shortly to finish helping you prepare"
with that her handmaiden left out and the door closed.
It seemed as if so many doors were closing....

Keali looked at herself again. Seeing what people called beauty. Seeing her pointed ears. Seeing a liar and a fake. With that last thought she ripped the veil off her head quickly changed clothes and packed a bag. If the door was gonna close she was gonna close it herself. She didnt see the beauty and how could she when all she was a fake? She was determined to find who she was. Find her father.

Glancing once around the room that had been her home for so many years, she bade fair well.
**********

Later when the haindmaid came back all that she could find of Lady Keali was a hastily written note to her mother and father:

Dearest Father and Lady Mother,

I guess this comes as a shock, but i cannot marry the prince. And yes I know this shames our family but to marry him would shame us and him more. In respect for me i ask you not to search or try to find me. When i am ready i will come back if that is my fate. Know that i love you both, parents of my heart, but know this is something i must do.

Your Daughter,

Lady Keali Moira Ta Silverleaf
© Copyright 2007 A.D. (danasmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1198907-The-Prince-of-Andale