*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1201074-TwinMagic
by A.D.
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Fantasy · #1201074
A fantasy adventure you must read and rate and comment!
10 Years Ago...

         "Are you sure you don't want them?" The nervous woman asked as she held the precious bundle in her arm.
         "Nay Lotti, tis a curse on my family. Gillian is too young and traumatized. It would be cruel to expect her to care for them" The cloaked man replied looking down at the bundle he held. So small. So innocent. Like his daughter.

Frowning he past the sleeping babe to the nurse standing next to his sister. It would be best if they were sent away quickly. He wouldn't change his mind.
         "Have found them a home Lotti?"
         "Aye, a good couple who have the misfortune to be barren.They will take good care of the two."
         "Good" he stated firmyly, "Tis best" with that he turned and strode down the hall, his black cloak billowing out behind him. With long purposeful strides he walked down the long corridor and to a door. Taking a deep breath he entered.

His daughter's sleeping chambers were shrouded in shadows. His precious baby girl. He gazed down at her. She is so young. No more than six and ten. He laid his hand or her brow smoothng back her thick brown hair.
         "Father?" she moaned and opened her violet eyes. Her mothers eyes.
         "Shh, daughter, sleep." he crooned.
         "The baby?"
         "It died my dear, it was too small" He lied.
A slight moan escaped her lips.
         "Tis best my girl." he whispered, but she had already fallen in to a fitful sleep. It was best that she not know about the twin daughters she bore. She was better off.


************
Tormented

It was dark all about him. It wrapped around him like a cloak. But the dark couldn't keep out the chill. It was so cold. It seemed as if cold and dark go hand in hand. But he knew that the dark and the cold were figments of his restless mind. This is how his nightmares always started out.

The darkness lifted and in a pool of light he saw her . Oh how he loved her. Even now after so many years he still felt his heart race, what was left of his heart. She had the prettiest eyes surrounded by thick dark lashes. That was what caught his attention first. Violet eyes. Temptress eyes. She smiled at him and pushed a lock of thick brown hair out of her face.

In his dreams she loved him back. You could see it in her eyes and her smile. So inviting. And then he would take her in his arms and the cloak of darkness would go away completely. But the chill remained. It always did. Even as he laid her on the ground and started to make love to her the chill got worst till his feet and hands felt  numb.

But her sighs of pleasure soon turned to screams of anguish. And tears would course down her pretty cheeks. She was pushing at him and crying and he was so confused. All he could think was that he loved her and then he was jerked off of her. He turned and saw another man but the dark cloaked him completely. The man was saying words to him, yelling at him. Although he couldnt hear the words he knew their meaning and horror engulfed him. And in a flash he was alone, holding a knife and the pain he flet physically coundt block the pain emotionally. And in his mind he knew that he had died.

The man woke in a fit of horror. He still felt the pain of body mind and heart. But no tears fell and soon the horror faded in to anger and rage. It wasnt his fault. He hadnt known. But he still paid the price and willingly paid it. But soon another would pay a price. He would pay with all thatt he held dear.
© Copyright 2007 A.D. (danasmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1201074-TwinMagic