*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1202053-Dear-Me
Rated: 13+ · Letter/Memo · Contest · #1202053
A letter to myself for my goals of 2007.
Dear Me,

It's 2007 already and still you haven't been published. I know you started becoming more serious about your writing last year when you began submitting stories to contests. This year, I would to see a more diligent effort in getting published. Especially since your wife got you the Writer's Market 2007 book you begged for. Let's put that to good use. You have two novels that are good- really good. They need to be published. Don't you owe it to your future fans?

I want 2007 to be the year that you improve all around. You had some serious relationship issues last year that put you through a lot of avoidable turmoil and I would like to see you devote yourself more honestly to your marriage. You know that she is the one you were always meant to be with and you know now that the grass isn't always greener. You caused a lot of heartache, not just for others but for me.

Also, I want you to call your mother more. She made such a huge step in getting closer to you and now it's your turn to help tend to that relationship. She's not going to be around forever and when she's gone, I already know how much you will miss the time you could've spent with her.

You are a good mother but you could be a great mother. Take the time to give each child that individual attention they need to make them feel special. Laugh more. Yell less. Take a breath and enjoy them as children. You've already seen how fast children grow. It seems like yesterday that Koty was kissing invisible birdies and now he's ten trying to be twenty.

If you can work on slowing down, realizing your writing dreams, and honoring your marriage then I promise to lay off on you about the weight and smoking. I know that everyone needs a vice. Please remember you really are a good person and you don't give yourself enough credit for that. You are extraordinary and hopefully this year will help you realize it.

Love,
Angie
© Copyright 2007 Rainbow Writer (rainbow-writer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1202053-Dear-Me