*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1202173-352-AM
Rated: E · Poetry · None · #1202173
My first real poem, inspired by thoughts I found in an old journal.
3:52 AM

I lay sleepless, plauged with the lucid recollection of a night long-passed.

blankly, I stare through the pane into the night, struggling to efface the bittersweet memory that terrorizes me with its tenacity.

the moonlight pours over the ground and spills into the shadows, like rancid milk, spoiling something that ought to be beautiful.

should be...

Marred by unforgiving love...

the moon is no longer a lux, pure; rather, it is a sour orb, laughing down with noxious glee.
the stars are no longer twinkling warmth; rather, they are intolerable hotness of infinite solar bodies forever reciting faded romance.
the night sky is no longer vast, salubrious, and liberating; rather, it is a suffocating shroud of nocuous gases.

Memory, won't you flee?  Dissolve with the morning dew and dry from the mourning sun!
© Copyright 2007 Tamara K. Stevens (blankcanvas at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1202173-352-AM