*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1202704-Knights-Sacreth
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Fantasy · #1202704
A little Fantasy with help from jordan.
Milton stopped to think of some other possability, then looked again... It couldn't be. He stepped over the basket, opened the door, stumbled inside the large foyer and closed the door behind him. After two slow steps he stopped, thought very hard for a few seconds, shook his head and kept on walking.

You have to understand that for Milton, who was now one-hundred and seventeen years old, eyes failing and his mind now quickly slipping into what the other knights like to call "blatant insanity" It was quite really quite hard for Milton to trust his own eyes, or for that matter, his eyes to work at all.

After stopping again and having another hard think, he spun around and ran to the door... well,.. it was a one hundred and seventeen year old mans version of a run... so more of a walk really. He flung open the door, looked down for a moment, closed the door, quickly opened it, closed it again, then opened it to find an old woman, mouth wide open staring at Milton wondering what in the world was going on. He crept behind the door as he really really slowly closed it thinking to himself that maybe he hadn't been noticed yet. After a minute or so he crouched down and opened the mail slot and peered through it, firstly to confirm that the woman was really there at all and secondly to see if she was still there... she was. Mouth still agape, eyes still wide.
© Copyright 2007 wilwilpearce (wilwilpearce at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1202704-Knights-Sacreth