*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1202831-Where-are-you
by catnap
Rated: E · Short Story · Children's · #1202831
Will she find me?
"Sammy, where are you?"

I hear her voice again. It's getting louder this time. I am afraid if I breathe too much, she'll hear me and I'll give away my hiding spot. I slowly take a deep breath.

"I know you're out there. I'm going to find you."

She told me earlier that I could never pull it off. I could never hide from her. She'd always find me. We'll see about that.

Her voice sounds further off. She's gone past me now. I breathe a little faster now. I really did pick a good spot, I think when I forget myself and let out a small chuckle.

"Ah-ha! I know where you are! I hear a noise coming from inside the tractor shed. Ready or not, here I come."

I start laughing uncontrollably as she comes nearer. I love playing "Hide and Seek" with Granny.

I hop out from behind the tractor wheel. "You found me, but I made you look for a long time," I pronounce as I run over to get a big hug from the world's greatest grandma.

"Can we go get some cookies now?" I love her chocolate chip cookies. She puts M&M's in a couple, just for me.

"If you can find me first. It's your turn to count." She's so much fun!

1...2...3...

© Copyright 2007 catnap (catnap at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1202831-Where-are-you