*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1207490-Chocolate-Oh-Chocolate
Rated: E · Fiction · Fanfiction · #1207490
Written for Captain Colossal's Daily Flash Fiction Contest
1/24 Prompt: Write a story about a main character whose entire focus is on a container of candy.

Gloria straightened picture frames near the front door of the gift store and card shop. Behind her was a candy counter full of the most incredible chocolates ever made. Oh that fragrance… that sweet, tantalizing, luscious odor from heaven. Chocolate fudge, double chocolate fudge, mint chocolate fudge, the list of chocolates… The bells rang on the door as someone entered, so she spoke. “Welcome to Joann’s Emporium; May I help you?” She rounded the corner and greeted an elderly lady with her thick smile. I must remember my diet today!

“Yes.” Replied the customer, “I’m looking for a small gift and a birthday card for my niece, do you have something she might appreciate?”

“Sure, how old is your niece?” I wonder if she likes chocolate?

“Twenty.”

“I’m sorry, I didn’t quite understand; could you rephrase that?” I’d really like a piece of that double fudge mint right now.

“What? … ten plus ten!”

“Oh… you’d like ten plus what pounds of chocolate?” My oh my, I thought I had it bad!

“No… I don’t want chocolate, I want a gift for my niece.”

“Oh? She doesn’t like chocolate?" I wonder what kind of person doesn’t like chocolate?

“I’m sure she does, but she can buy her own; she’s twenty!”

“Okay… twenty pounds of double chocolate fudge mint it is, but I weigh nearly 300 pounds and I don’t even buy that much chocolate." Gloria began weighing the fudge. Goodness… this little old lady is tripping! She want’s 20 pounds of chocolate!

“No… I don’t want chocolate! I want a gift for my niece. Madam… never mind!” She turned and walked out the door.

Once the candy was measured, Gloria rang up the candy and paid for it.

Now… maybe I can get some work done around here. Sigh!

299 words
© Copyright 2007 Bluesman (bluesman at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1207490-Chocolate-Oh-Chocolate