*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1208214-Church-Hours
Rated: E · Other · Opinion · #1208214
This is my rant about something that has bothered me for years.
Have you ever just needed to walk into a church at any given time day or night? Maybe you just wanted to clear your mind. Maybe you just wanted to be in the house of God. Maybe you needed to pray and felt that being in the house of God would be the perfect place to spill your heart. I’ve been there. I needed a place where no one would interrupt my time with God. But the problem was there was no place to go. God’s house was closed to me or anyone else who may have needed to visit. The doors were locked. Sure, I could have called the pastor and talked to him, but he couldn’t fix my problems. I could have called and asked him to drive over and unlock the doors so that I could get in, but most of my - in need of God hours - were late in the night. As big as my problems were I could not bring them to the house of God. The doors were locked, and it wasn’t God who locked them.

During my times of turmoil I would have given anything to just get through the doors of Gods house. On many occasions I wondered why I was welcome in the bars at this hour but not welcome into the church. I would pass bar after bar and see the lights on and everyone going in to get their fill. It just made me angry to think if I chose to drink my sorrows away I would be more than welcome to do so, but instead I chose to go to a locked and unwelcoming church to pray. Why does it have to be this way? Why is it people say I need to be in church? I mean after all, when I really needed to be in church, the door were locked. Why is it people preach the importance of gathering in the house of God, when there is no house of God.

I know by this point I probably have people thinking that the devil has taken over my mind and I’m probably being thought of as less than an angel, satan’s angel, that is. But come on, who are you fooling? God doesn’t lock his doors, people do. Therefore you shouldn’t call your building the house of God. God never set hours on your building, you did. It’s your church.

I’ve heard everything under the sun. Every excuse imaginable as to why you need to lock up God’s house.
One of the biggest concerns of Pastors in the pulpit is that the church will be robbed. By all means that is a reasonable concern and even I can understand that. But God isn’t concerned about the church equipment, he’s concerned about the church. He’s concerned about those on the outside of the locked doors.

We pray for people in the bars. We pray that they walk out of the bars and into our church, but when they try, the doors are locked, and I really would like to know why. I think if our church’s would stay open, people would come.

Think about this- if more people knew that they could take their troubles to the house of God, there would be less taking their troubles to bars or to the nearest drug infested neighborhood. If there were more in church for an honest relationship with God, there would be less crime, and less thieves.

If you truly believe that the church you attend belongs God, then stop locking his doors. After all, they claim that locks are for honest people.


FOOD FOR THOUGHT-

Popular church hours:

Sunday : 10:00 a.m. Morning Worship Service
7:00 p.m. Evening Worship Service
Wednesday / Thursday: 7:00 p.m


Popular lounge/club/bar hours:

Mon: 12:00 noon till...
Tues: 12:00 noon till...
Wed: 12:00 noon till...
Thurs: 12:00 noon till...
Fri: 12:00 noon till...
Sat: 12:00 noon till...

Popular drug sale hours:

24/7











© Copyright 2007 Babbette Francis (babbette at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1208214-Church-Hours