*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1208371-Bounty-Hunter
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Other · Action/Adventure · #1208371
I girl who is out to prove that she can be as routhless as the guys.
Part 1
“Maco, I told you I work alone.” Kyra stomped her feet as she tried to knock some sense into a tall blonde hair guy in his late 40’s, who just so happened to be her boss.
“I know!” Maco jerked around to face her, “listen I know you’re skills are nearly untouchable…But for this next hunt even some one with our talent will require a little back up.” His blue eyes locked within green ones. His tone was more demanding then he had planned.
Smirking, Kyra looked away, “Hmpt…You just don’t get it.”
“Huh?” Her words caught him by surprise. “What, are you saying?”
“I’m saying I don’t need any fucking backup…Damn it!” Kyra yelled at Maco, she was determined to get her way.
POW…With out warning, Maco flung his hand up and hit Kyra roughly across her face leaving a burning hand print.
“Owe!” She gripped her tan cheek; as a single tear fell down leaving a soft tingle as it graced the print.
Looking away, for he had never struck her, Maco calmly said. “His name is Damien…got it?”
“Yes Sir,” Bowing in respect, Kyra watched him disappear into the shadows of a nearby ally way. “Jerk,” she muttered underneath her breath. Feeling the intense temperature raise, Kyra rushed over to a lemonade stand, there she orders a frozen treat, and scampered over to a lonesome bench. Realizing what time it was, Kyra reached into her low pocket and come to grips that her cell phone “Oh no! Where is it?” Tossing the treat into the trashcan, Kyra began franticly searching for her life. About to suffer a mental breakdown a familiar tone filled the air. “Huh?” Not even two feet away from where she had been crawling around stood a handsome guy about the age of 17. “Hello?” She greeted then removed her self from the ground.
Smiling playfully, he calmly asked, “What are you looking for?” But unknowing to her, he was the reason she lost her cell in the first place.
His smile was charming, “my phone…I lost it some where between the bus stop and that lemonade stand. Kyra briefly explained.
“Oh, you mean this.” He held out her phone and gracefully rubbed his neck. He smiled as if it was some kind of joke.
Realizing what he was showing her, she flipped out. “How did you…I mean where did you…. huh?” Her mind was asking questions feaster then she was able to ask them. Finally she stopped. “Thanks.”
“No problem…you should actually be pissed off at me.”
“Why’s that…” She glared at him clueless.
Blushing slightly, “well I kind of snatched it from your pocket when you and Master Maco were arguing over you no longer working alone.” He hated to admit it, but he did believe in honestly; no matter what the cost is.
“You Did What!” She thundered at him. “Why?”
“Because…Maco said you’d doubt my skills. So I decided to do a dangerous and bold deed…to steal from the best bounty hunter in the world.
“How did you know I was a bounty hunter? And who are you?” Kyra was beginning to become a little demanding.
“Ah, please forgive me my good dear, My name is Damien, and I’m the greatest thief in the entire human race…My talent level is in ranking with Ryou Tein, the world renown grave robber who is…”
“…Who is said to have robbed all the great tombs of old and new Egypt.” Kyra butted in. “Boring!” with that she rushed off into the darkness.
“Kyraichi Shinto! Please! Wait a minute!” Damien shouted out.
“Huh?”
Surprisingly she turned to face him, “How do you know my real name?” She slowly approached him.
“Because, like you, I once did attend a real school and I also had a “normal life”. And you were in my biology class.” Damien explained.
“Lair!” Kyra raced away and Damien followed close behind. She darted in and out of traffic, dashed through crowded streets and down dark demented allies. Finally stopping to catch a second wind; she noticed Damien walking up to her. “Go away…asshole!”
Even though her words were harsh, Damien replied, “And never see your beautiful smile ever again?” This defiantly caught her off guard, before she could react, Damien had pulled her to him and they were lightly kissing. “I love you,”
“Really?” Kyra asked she was mesmerized by his sensual appearance.
A slight chuckle arose from his lips, “I guess…I mean you’re a hot bounty hunter what’s not to love.” He teased.
“Ugh!” Kyra shoved him away. “Pervert,” she stated when pocket began vibrating. “Whoa,” looking at her phone she had a new message. Opening it right away Kyra read the message aloud.
~To Kyra and Damien, I’m requesting your presents at my office pronto. Be ready to receive information on your mission.
~Sincerely Maco Ryichi~
“Cool, let’s go!” Damien suddenly returned to his hyper self, which Kyra liked him better when he was acting like a child rather then the grown-up (sex-craver) Reaching out and grabbing her arms he tugged her into the nearest cab. “His office is on downtown main street.”
“Huh, I think I know where my bosses office is!”
“Right, sorry.” He apologized in a childish tone.
“Whatever,” Kyra turned and looked away from him. “Jeeze, what’s with him?”
Pulling up in front of ‘High Heights’ (the most expensive and wealthiest condo’s in the world) Condominium, the cab driver demanded to be paid for he figured they lived in there. Kyra handed the driver $25.00 since it became known to her; Damien wasn’t about to fork over any cash. “Hmtp!” They approached the main doorway. “Okay, let’s be brief…keep your sentences short and to the point…Don’t talk unless spoken to…and bow upon introduction…Got it?”
“Yep! Let’s just go in for heavens sake!” With that he barged in with even knocking.
“Dumb ass!” Kyra shouted as she scampered inside.
They stepped into a new area, there were exotic plants thriving every were and a gigantic aquarium filled with fish, sharks, eels and more. The aroma smelled of fleshly baked vanilla bread.
“Ah, my children, I’m glad you two came…Please have a seat.” Maco greeted with a peaceful smile.
Bowing Kyra responded, “Thank you.” Peering over to Damien, her heart begin pounding rapidly. “D-Damien! What are you doing?” He was just standing there. “Bow, dumb ass, bow!”
“Why? It’s just Maco.” He casually set down in one of the cozy chairs.
“Huh?”
“Please, Kyra take a seat.” Maco cheerful stated.
“Yes Sir!” Kyra fell down onto the soft lounge chair.
Clearing his throat, Maco rose from behind his desk, “So how are you two getting along?” He questioned more toward Kyra the Damien.
“Just fine, she’s really cool! I’m glad you choose me to work with her…” Damien remarked and flashed a stunning smile at Kyra. “You’re awesome.” He announced.
Blushing lightly, Kyra looked away. “Thanks…”
“I see, so Kyra , how do you like having a partner? Is it really that bad?” Maco eyed her as if saying she had better not lie.
“Honestly…It’s not as bad as I thought it would be” She saw Damien light up. “Except…he’s to hyper-active and flirty!” Kyra blurted out. “He’s not serious, and acts like a 5year old…That only begins to explain how I feel.”
Damien began to pout, “D-do you really hate me that much?” His gorgeous blue eyes filled with tears. “I-I’m I really that much a pain to you?” A single tear fell.
“You’re mean!”
Rolling her eyes at his actions. “You see what I mean?” This was exactly what she was leading to; if he doesn’t get his way he gets teary-eyed and cries until someone feels for him.
“Damien! That’s enough, this isn’t the time or place for that.” Maco stated.
“Yeah grow-up a little will you!” Kyra added which only got her glared at. “Sorry.” Kyra began wondering why Maco, her boss, was so protective of Damien. “He must favor him…Yeah that’s got to be it!” She quietly educated her self.
“Now to the important information…” Picking up a remote and turning on a plasma screen television. “This will be your first assignment as a team.” He looked at them both; Kyra was pouting with crossed arms while Damien’s eyes glittered with inner-happiness. “You will be sent to a place called Oshuka (a desert area known for its deadly sand storms and high crime rate.) in search of Christopher Rexford, he may also go by the name: C.R. Red Eyes.” Maco flashed an information sheet about him on the screen.
“Cool, he deals red-eye…He must be easy to spot…He’ll have red eyes!” Damien joked as he glanced at Kyra. “Whoa!”
“Hmm…forty-seven grand!” Kyra was loving-it! She hated to admit she didn’t know what she liked more…Money or Killing? “So when do we leave?” She was excited! Just the thought of a hunt made her blood boil with anticipation.
“You’ll be leaving at 4pm today…here are your tickets.” Maco revealed two shiny tickets from his coat pocket. “Your flight number is 303. I’ll supply the taxi from Las Banditos café to the airport.” He turned to Kyra. “Here’s $40.00 for dinner.”
“Thank you.” Kyra bowed, “Well we’d better be going it’s already 2:45p.m.” She was thrilled and dazzling with happiness. “Come Damien…” She bayed Maco goodbye and tugged Damien into the cab.
“Where to?” The driver asked as he cranked up the motor. He was rough and rugged, kind of the old drunk who needs a little cash to support his habit.
“To Las Banditos…” Kyra exclaimed.
“Hmpt…Rich folks…” He muttered barely hearable. Then they went speeding down the busy highway, running red-lights and getting cursed by old women. The tires squalled as he slammed on brakes coming to a sudden stop. “Here ye’ go!” He frown when Kyra only tipped him $5.00. “Cheap bitch!”
“Asshole!” Kyra walked off with Damien.
“Why was he so mean?’ Damien’s kid side was showing its self again.
“Because he has no life and can’t get laid!” She responded as they entered. Suddenly the smell of freshly made pizza and hot creamy pies filled the air. Stepping up to the counter Kyra said. “Hello? Can we be seated?”
A tall skinny boy, with an apron around his waist and hair pulled back into a pony tail, stood up; slightly startling Kyra and Damien. “Hello?” He flashed a cute smile. “Please right this way.” The boy lead them to the back portion of the room. “Here, may I get you a drink?” He asked as he placed menus on the table.
“Yes...I’d like a ‘Devil’s Blood’ (a mixture of red-wine and vodka) extra strong.” Looking at Damien. “And you?” She was expecting him to say something like milk or tea. “Damien?”
“Huh?...Oh! I’d like ‘Scotch on the rocks’ and mix in some vodka…Okay?” He was serious; he loved mixed drinks (truth be told he once was a bartender when he was 16)
“Alright, will you be dinning as well.” He couldn’t keep his eyes off of Kyra, their was something about her appearance that wouldn’t let her leave his stare.
Nah we’re good.” Kyra shyly stated and handed him the menus back.
Bowing he remarked. “Yes ma’am I’ll return with your drinks” He scampered to the bar and quickly poured up the mixes. “She is so beautiful!”
“Who Billy?” A co-worker asked as he began slicing meat.
Smiling, “Oh just a gorgeous girl who I wouldn’t mind getting with…” He set the drinks on a tray and headed off to the table. “Here you go.” He set the glasses down. “May I have your name.” He directed to Kyra.
“Damien!” Damien replied as he took a sip of his drink.
Billy chuckled, “Yeah nice…I was referring to you…” He touch Kyra lightly on her upper arm.
“Oh…My names Kyra…” She blushed, in her eyes he seemed to be a sweet guy with a good back ground and he was drop-dead-gorgeous. Which was a major plus, she hated to be around ugly guys.
“Well, It’s nice to meet you…I’m…” Billy began to introduce his self.
“You’re Billy!” Damien interrupted. “It’s on your shirt…Dummy!” Some one had a major jealous bug on his shoulder.
Glaring massively at Damien, Kyra smiled. “Well it’s a pleasure to meet you.” She smiled and sipped down her drink. “Come on Damien, we gotta plane to catch.” Snatching him up they walked to the cashier.
“No, the drinks are own me!” He lightly graced Kyra’s arm. “Please let me, do this one thing!” He begged.
“Well, thank you…” Kyra replied and headed off. Damien wasn’t far behind.
“Wait! Kyra!” Billy called as he ran after her.
Zipping around, “What?”
“Can I have your number?” He eyed her cheerfully.
Pulling out her phone, “Only if…I can have yours…”
“KYRA! We’re going to miss the flight! We haven’t got time for shit like this!” Damien yelled.
“Oh really?” Kyra turned to face him. “If I have time to listen to your mouth I have time to give a cute-stranger my number.”
“HMPT!” He crossed his arms and pouted.
“Cute? She thinks I’m cute?” Billy educated himself. “My number is 746-9009.” He informed her. “And yours?”
“Mines 765-5754” She briefly stated. Well, I gotta run!”
“Bye!” Billy stood their momentarily watching her disappear into the crowded streets. “765-5754…” He repeated once more then returned to work.
Reaching the airport, Kyra dragged Damien through the metal-detectors, and up the stairs onto a shuttle-bus and into the waiting area for Flight 303 to Oshuka. They rested for a second then the flight attendant announced, “Flight 303 for Oshuka will be departing in 5minutes.” Quickly gathering their baggage; the two of them scampered onto the plane into the first-class section.
“I call window!” Damien whined as Kyra set near the window. “Huh?” She didn’t move. “You’re mean! I called it!”
Chuckling, Kyra replied. “Well, I got here first so…NAH!” She stuck her tongue out at him. “So deal with it!”
Damien stared at her, “she seems so mean most of the time…but is it because she hiding something? Was she hurt once before? Is there suffering still going on inside her?” Questioned filled his head, but he didn’t know how to ask…He didn’t want to offend or upset her…Not now when she’s finally being nice.
The plain arose and the flight started, now they only had 13 more hours until they touch land again. Damien and her set their neither talking nor even making small glancing toward one another. Time seemed to creep by, out of nowhere a small grr…echoed.
Damien blushed as Kyra turned to him. “Sorry?”
“Are you hungry?” She asked just as a attendant walked by. “Miss?” Kyra called getting the lady’s attention. “Can you bring us two lunches…Please?”
“Yes ma’am!” She hurried to the back and brought up two trays. “Here you go, please enjoy.”
“Thank you!” Kyra replied as she placed a tray in front of Damien and one in front of herself.
Lifting his lid, Damien said. “Eww!” In his meal there was deep-fried fish with fried-rice and one roll.
“What?” Kyra asked, she had two huge slices of cheese-pizza, a small side salad and frozen yogurt. “Yummy!”
Peering over her, Damien’s drooled as the sweet scents teased his nose. “No fair! You got Pizza…” Adding a puppy face to the expression, “Please Kyra…Please can we trade…” A small tear formed. “I’ll behave for the remainder of the flight…I promise!” He begged.
Unable to say no to such an adorable sight, and the fact he promised to behave for the rest of the flight, Kyra smiled. “Deal” She quickly changed plates with him. “Besides I love Japanese food…”
“Oh…thank you so much!” Damien was extremely happy. Sniffing it briefly, within seconds the tray was spotless.
In shock, “jeeze, you weren’t hungry were you?” She asked as he pushed the tray away. “Or you REALLY like pizza…”
“Hmm…” He kept quiet and smiled. “Nighty-Night…” He replied as he drifted into slumber land; Damien seemed handsome and quiet almost like a different person when he slept.
Kyra watched him for what seemed like hours, but in reality was only a couple of minutes. “Well, I guess I’ll get use to having ONE partner but NO more!” She quickly educated herself.
Unknowing to herself she drifted into a deep dreamless sleep, only to be awaken by the rough landing at Oushka International Airport. “Huh?” Wiping her sleepy eyes she nudged Damien. “Hey, Damien, we’re here.” She softly called to him.
“Ugh…5more minutes!” He begged and curled up into a ball.
Shaking her head she smiled. “Well if you want to stay on the plain go ahead but when they say we may depart I’m leaving!” She educated him.
“NO!” Damien shouted as he shot awake. “Huh? Not cool!” He pouted and stretched.
Laughing at him, Kyra got her carry-on bag and lead him off the plain to the luggage department. “Here ya’ go…Loser!” She teased and tossed him his bag.
“No where to?” Damien questioned.
“Beats me!” Just then her cell-phone rang out. “Huh?” Dropping her bags, kind of hoping it was Billy, she frowned. It was a text message from Maco.
~To Kyra and Damien, if my calculations are correct; you to have arrived and clueless of what to do next…Well I have made reservations for you to at a hotel called ‘Fairy Oasis’ its on Hell’s Drive, you’ll have a limo waiting for you two outside the airport. Tonight just sleep and get to know your area…Ok!
~Sincerely Maco Ryichi~
“Scary!” Kyra remarked.
“Woah….we get a limo!” Damien shouted causing people to glance at them. “This is so awesome!” Without out thinking he grabbed Kyra’s hand, jerking toward the exit. “Come on….This is gonna be fun!”
Sliding through the exit doors, Damien and Kyra grew quiet, in front of them stood a red-headed guy in his late 30’s to early 40’s. He was dressed in a black suit with a whole top hat thing going on. He smiled and bowed to them as they walked up. “Ah, good-evening, madam and monsieur.” He opened the door to allow Kyra and Damien to slip inside. Hopping up front he casually said. “I believe you to are heading to ‘Fairy Oasis’, is that correct?” He winked seeing there expressions. “So, are you to on a honeymoon trip?”
“HELL NO!” Kyra screamed, the comment was so offending to her. “We are here for strictly business…and business ONLY!”
Damien chuckled, “Yeah! We gotta mission to do!” With that he popped his head out of the sun-roof. “Wow! Kyra check it out!”
“I’d rather not…Thank-you!” She was still a little hot about the insult.
“Well here ya’ go…” The driver stepped out to open there door. “I’ll be only a phone call away…here’s my card.” He handed them a yellow index card. “You two enjoy your time here in Oshuka.”
Entering the main room of the hotel, Kyra proceeded to the front desk. “Excuse me…But I’ve been informed of a reservation under the name of ‘Ryichi’…” She waited for assistance.
“Sorry Miss,” A tall thin blonde girl walked from the back room.
“Holly! Come on…I’m turned on and you leave me…” A voice called from behind the door.
Holly’s face turned bright-red. “Please forgive that…So, let’s see…Reservation for ‘Ryichi’…Ah yes…Room 325.” She handed Kyra the cards (keys to the room), then clapped her hands. “Bag Boys this couple needs assistance will their baggage.”
“Um…We’re not…” Kyra began then decided to just drop it.
Two boys quickly grabbed the luggage and carried it to an elevator. Neither one spoke they just followed her and Damien. They stepped in and pushed button ‘3’ (which meant they would be on the third floor a.k.a: the top floor.)
Once inside the room, the two boys left, and Kyra began unpacking. “I call master bedroom!” She quickly educated Damien. Thinking he would whine, but he had a serious expression on his face. “Damien? What’s wrong?” She questioned. “If the master bedroom means that much you can have it.”
Looking away, “No…I’d rather have the spare…Its not that anyways.” His voice began to shudder. “I remember being here before…But it wasn’t a good experience.”
Stepping over to him and placing a kind hand on his shoulder, Kyra shyly said. “What happened?”
“Don’t worry about it…We aren’t here to remember my past are we…We are here for Chris Rexford…Right!”
“Right!” Kyra hugged him, “well…goodnight!” With that she rushed into the master bedroom and leaped into the huge cozy bed. “Tomorrow’s gonna rock!” Was the last thing she said before falling victim to sleep.
In the spare bedroom things were a little different. Damien walked briefly to the window seal, running his hands lightly across the base, “this is were it happened…” The thoughts poured into his head, everything replayed like a movie. “Ugh!” He backed away. Facing the alarm clock he noticed it was getting late, real late. Pulling off his shirt; he slipped into bed.
“NO! Leave her alone! It was me you bastard! I did it!” Kyra arose from her slumber, she heard the cry coming from inside the condo. “Huh?” Quickly wrapping a robe around her tiny waist, she tip-toed out to see what was going on. “NO! Mom! Please get up! Mom!” She heard more suffering words. As she walked past Damien’s door the pleas grew louder. “Damien?” Peeping through she saw him tossing and turning. Rushing to aide him, her hand graced his forehead. “He’s burning up!” Scampering to get a wet rag. Placing it lightly on his head she softly called out. “Damien…wake up...Damien.”
“Huh!” Damien about set straight up. “Oh, sorry I woke you…” He responded between breaths.
“No problem…Are you okay?” She was a little concerned.
Looking away, “yeah…its nothing.” He wiped his eyes with the rag. “It was only a dream…” He educated himself. “But I did happen…”
“Dream…You mean Nightmare…” Kyra stated and hugged him. “Well whatever it was It’s all over now.” Standing up, Kyra sweetly said. “Goodnight…” Then left to return to her bed. “What does he mean by ‘but it did happen’?”
The next day came far to quickly for Kyra and Damien alike, for just as they feel asleep they seemed to have been awaken by the morning light shinning though the windows golden and bright.
“Good morning Miss.” One of the luggage boys from last night called out to her as she made her way to the front desk to get a list of daily activities.
“Morning!” She replied with a cute smile, her tan body showed off the hot pink tube-top and a black leather mini-skirt, but she hid her slender legs with thigh-high leather-boots ; her hair curled at the tips revealing irresistible-smile.
As she approached the desk, she heard a voice calling. “Holly…Baby wait up! It’s not what it seems…Holly…Damn it!” Jerking around to see who it was she came face to face with a strikingly-gorgeous male. He stood about 5’ 10” with a medium build and a mild-cali-tan. Wearing a towel around his lower-waist, his dark-brown hair with blonde highlights was dripping wet, covering his stunning blue-eyes. “Oh!”
“Hi…” He flashed a smile then proceeded to check her out. “My name’s Desota!”
Kyra, not knowing if she should answer or not, since Holly was standing right there. “Yeah…Nice to meet you…” She then looked at Holly. “Anyways, can I have a list of activities?”
“Yes,” Holly handed here a paper then smiled. “Well enjoy your day.” She smiled as Kyra walked off. “Desota! You’re such an asshole!”
“Hmm…that’s not what you said last night!” He replied, she flick him off, “baby, we just did it last night…Jeeze can’t you wait!”
“Dick Head!” Holly stomped off.
As Kyra set down to look over the paper Damien walked up. “You ready to go?” He asked in a deep-tone.
“Yeah,” she sighed as they walked out and down the street.
“Hey, you…Come here!” A shadow-like figure called.
“What!” A male about 5’7’’ with red-fire hair asked as he approached the hidden figure.
The sudden silence caught Kyra’s attention rather quickly. “Hmm.” The shadow’s voice sounded awful familiar . “Hmm…” She snuck over unknowing to either of the men. Kyra kept hidden until she saw a little brown bag being handed from the shadow to the red-head. “Ugh!” Without thinking she lunged forward, “Hey!” Kyra picked herself up from off the ground. “Damien! Get ‘em!” The guys shot off the shadow guy came into the light to reveal he was dress in a black-monk robe. One ran off into the crowded city as the other hit the dark alleys.
“I got the Monk!” Kyra shouted her brown hair flinging behind her, “You get the Red-Head!” She skidded around a corned and prepared for the worst. “Come out, come out where ever you are…” A trash can tipped over causing her to jump. “Huh?” Walking a little ways down, “I never cared for Hide-And-Seek.”
“Oh, well it’s my favorite game!” A voice from no where teased. “I love the outfit…It’s a turn on, you know?”
Kyra tensed up, “I can’t let him get to me.” Her heart was pounding, she had never been unable to see her kill. A twig snapped below her foot. “Ahg!” A scared yelp escaped her throat. “Calm down…” She took another step inward.
“A see you…You just took a step.”
Running to a beat-up car she leaped onto it. “Okay, asshole, where am I now!” She figured maybe she could follow his voice.
“Right here!” He broke through the windshield, glass sprayed everywhere, and knocked her roughly to the ground. “How’d you know I was in the car?” His face remained hidden, even though he stood over her.
“I…Uh…” Terror filled her eyes. He reached into his pocket. “He’s going to kill me…” The thought crossed her mind. “Please…” She barely mouthed.
Taking a single step away from her, “Get up…you filthy Bitch!” He kicked her forcefully. “NOW, or I’ll kill you.”
Taking a hit to the lower-stomach. “Ugh!” Kyra coughed up a little blood. “You Bastard!” Struggling to stand, “why?” She questioned.
“Why what?”
Lowering her head, Kyra said. “Why didn’t you kill me,” a detraction to allow her to pull a golden-dagger from the inside of her right-boot. “Because, if I get close enough…I’ll kill you!” She rushed at him; but they locked knifes.
With his free hand, he pushed Kyra away. “Yeah, I don’t think that will happen!” With an evil smirk, snatching her collar he jerked her to him. “Listen…Kyra!” Their eyes locked. “I’m not who you think I am…”
“Huh?”
“I know who you are and for the record I’m on your side.”
“Who is this freak.” She questioned herself. “He knows my name…But how?” She recalled the encounter with Desoto. “Who are you?” She asked face-to-face.
Laughing, “I thought you’d never ask…” Slinging off the hoodie, Desoto revealed his true self. “Hi, Kyra…And thanks to you….I have to retract the one you’re after…Because I know he wont come to me again.”
“Huh? What the hell are you talking about?” Kyra was livid and burning with hatred. “First you flirt with me at the goddamn hotel…then you try and murder me…and now you sit and laugh like it was all a fucking joke!” Tugging away from him. “Let me go asshole!”
“Sorry, but my orders were to challenge you to see if you were capable to deal with trust and betrayal…and I’d say you pass with 110%.” He reached out as if to hug her when a voice called out.
“Stop right there!” It was Damien he had a gun pointed at Desoto’s head. “Stop or I’ll shoot!”
“I bet you’ll hit the wrong target it you do…” Desoto’s voice came out strong and firm. Backing away from Kyra. “Stand down….Damien….I mean you two know harm.” Holding his hand up. “Maco, was right when he said you both have an issue when it comes to putting trust and faith in a complete stranger.
“Maco?” Damien growled. “What is you business with him…Who are you?”
“You people sure do insist on knowing names don’t you…My name is Desoto Mayan…Soto for short.” He bowed then remembered how rough he was to Kyra. “You should rest…I am sorry for being so convincing of wanting you dead.”
“By the way Damien, did you catch the other guy?” Kyra questioned.
“Uh…No, I lost him rushing in the mall…I thought he ran straight through but I guess I misjudged him.” He replied looking at the ground.
“Hmpt…typical men….always assuming the wrong things.” Kyra crossed her arms as her phone rang. “Ugh…” Picking it up. “Hello?”
Later in the condo room, Kyra was in the shower while the boys lay in the living room watching “freaky Friday” and drinking lemonade.
“So how did you meet Kyra…I doubt she said hi to you first…” Soto asked in a teasing way.
“Well Maco informed me that I would be teaming up with a bounty-hunter named Kryaichi Shinto. And he also explained how she would reject a team unless convinced otherwise. So, I stole her phone from her back pocket without her even aware of my presents. Honestly, I didn’t think I would succeed with a task that risky, but I did and now I’m ‘ok’ in her book.” Damien revealed.
Soto smiled, “really, is she as tough and violent as they say…I mean in our fight she seemed pretty weak and unskilled; or was it she was caught so off guard?” He questioned.
“Well I believe our boss when he said she holds the title for the most hunts in the history of bounty-hunting. And believe it or not, but she can be a peaceful bunny who in a matter or seconds can transform into a rapid beast.”
The water shut off and Kyra entered the room in a black-bra and sleeping pants. “Hey guys…” She set next to Soto. “What’s for dinner?” Before she got an answer her head hit the floor and she was out like a light.
Gracefully, Soto and Damien picked her up and carried her light form to the master bedroom and covered her with the silk sheet. “Good nigh…” They whispered and left; closing the door behind them.
Around 2a.m. Soto finally fell asleep on the couch in the living room with the “Blare Witch” movie on; and Damien had drifted to the spare room sometime ago.
Damien tossed and turned for hours until finally sleep hit him, but not really sleep it was more like a nightmare. He saw himself crouched up in a corner as his mom and dad stepped inside. The woman looked cheery and carried a big smile on her face. Turning to him she gasped as his hands gripped her neck slowly clogging her airway. At the moment, Damien, jumped up and proceeded to strangle his father to the floor yelling. “I was the one who tried to kill you…I put dish soap in your coffee…I put weed in your brownies…Mom did nothing at all and yet you want her dead…Well I wont you dead!”
“Damien...Stop it!” His mother yelled. “I have failed as a wife and a mother…There is no reason for me to live.” She picked up a gun and placed it to her head. “I will always love you…Damien…” With that she pulled the trigger and fell lifelessly to the floor as a puddle of blood surrounded her corps.
“MOM!” He released his father with a final punch, “mom…mom…MOM!” Rushing to her bloody form
Daybreak came too early for the group, Kyra, the first to slip into a hot steamy shower was casually singing to herself with the misty fog surrounding her suddenly left and a chilly breeze entered.
A sleepy Soto looked up and realized it was Kyra, “oh! I am sorry.” His eyes graced her form.
“AH! Get out! Get out!” She screamed and began throwing stuff at him.
© Copyright 2007 Ryuichi Minamino (rikku6256 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1208371-Bounty-Hunter