*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1208617-The-Unknown
Rated: E · Prose · Inspirational · #1208617
This talks about the things most people secretly fear in life.
Why is it that some people never like change? Why do some fear something new?
And why is it that when you meet someone who acts, thinks, or believes differently than you or anyone else, you get scared or perhaps intrigued?

Sometimes we feel like we are living the same day everyday...we wake up, work, come home, and sleep only to wake up to the same routines we have put ourselves in for, what we believe to be, the rest of our lives. This would be a good example of what some people call the familiar...

I don't know about some of you, but I certainly do not want to live the rest of my life according to a routine.

Because we fear change or something new or unfamiliar, we miss out on some of the greater experiences in life. Yes, it's a scary ordeal to leave the familiar surroundings you have grown up in, but it doesn't have to be. When you remember that God is always with you wherever you go, and whatever you do, it makes those first few steps into the unknown less scary and more interesting.

For those who fear meeting someone new, don't be scared. They may think, act, or believe differently than you, but it is no reason to turn away. You may come to regret not having had the chance to share with them and gain new experiences.

If you feel that your words are not reaching out to anyone, you're wrong. Even if your words aren't heard by the people you want, remember that there are those who listen from the sidelines and want to know more about what you have to say. Your words can affect more people than you know, even if you don't see it.

Yes, it's scary trying to share something that may be new to others,or do something that may be new to you, but remember that with God, all things are possible.
© Copyright 2007 Katie Lady (vendroneah2 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1208617-The-Unknown