*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1209039-One-sided-romance
Rated: E · Other · Personal · #1209039
this is a piece on unrequited love.
Unrequited love.... it is one of the most unbearable feelings one could have in their personal lives.

That one sided romance where you are so unbelievably in love with someone who doesn't seem to show any sign that they even know you exist, or want to know. I have been through this myself, and let me just say that it SUCKS to have such strong and caring emotions for someone who only sees you as either their friend or just plain doesn't see you.

For some people, they feel as though they can't go on without that special someone in their lives.  Often times that can lead down some pretty depressing roads for them.  For others, they see that person who doesn't seem to see them and, in the immortal words of Gloria Gainer, they say, "I will survive!" 

I am proud to say that I have become one of those people who can look unrequited love in the face and say "I WILL survive!"  It is a satisfying feeling to know that one can have the control to look the other way and move on ( cause lets face it, there are PLENTY of other fish in the sea, and yes, some people end up living the single life all their lives for one reason or another and it works for them).

In the long run of things, who wants to spend the rest of their lives wondering when that certain special someone is going to look their way.  Life shouldn't be spent wondering about something that will probably never happen (who knows what will happen).  Life should be lived to its fullest and enjoyed, not depressing or stressful.

So let go of the wondering and confusion...just live life to your fullest.....and survive...
© Copyright 2007 Katie Lady (vendroneah2 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1209039-One-sided-romance