*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1208681-Cursed-and-the-Damned-pt2
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #1208681
continuation from part one.
I woke up to an ember lit fireplace. I was laying on the warm firestones when I opened my eyes to see that I was alone. My body was weak, weak from blood lose and disappointment. I curled up into a ball. Though the air was warm, I was cold, shaking for that matter. I am such a fool, I thought, thinking of the blood. I could still taste the blood on my lips.
I looked at my hands. They no longer look like the hands of a petty thief... They were too white and transparent as though I was a creature. Even my nails were clean and prefectly shaped.
"It is nice to see you finally awake, Antonio," said Jens. I heard him, but I couldn't see him. "Look up."
I looked up at the ceilling. I saw Jens laying on the ceilling, looking down at me! "How...?" I said, surprised and shocked at the sight.
Jens smiled. He pushed off the ceilling and then landed on his hands and feet over top of me. "Death made you even more beautiful," said Jens as he cradled my face with his hand.
I pulled away from his touch. "What did you do to me?" I said angerly.
Jens frowned, standing up onto his feet and walking over to the bed. "I did nothing, except end your miserable life. Now, you're the walking dead, destined to walk among the living, as a corpse with a conscience, for all eternity."
I sat up, watching Jens like a hawk. I am dead? I thought. I've been working for a dead man, all this time? I suddenly felt my neck. I couldn't feel any wounds of any kind anymore.
"Look around," said Jens. "Smell, touch, taste, and listen. Everything is different to your senses."
"Just go away," I said as I turned away from Jens.
Jens went quiet. "I see," Jens said. "I'll leave, but I warn you, don't try to run away. There are some things that will deny what you have become." Jens then left me alone.
I sat and stared at the fire in the fireplace. I wanted to cry, but I couldn't. I felt as though I didn't have any feelings. I wasn't human anymore. That ment I didn't have a human state of mind. All that crowded my mind was blood. The smell, the taste, the look, all my senses were fogged by blood.
I had to get away. I couldn't stay here any longer with Jens.
Looking around the room, I searched for a way out. The only thing that seemed suitable was a small window near the ceilling, that I never noticed before. It was covered by a thick cloth, keeping the outside light out.
Getting to my feet, I walked over to the window and studied the situation. I knew it was possible to escape, but I couldn't shake the guilty thought of leaving Jens after what he has done for me. He turned me into a monster, I thought and the thought was right. I couldn't forgive Jens for taking away my humanity.
I grabbed onto the cloth and pulled on it. It was stuck. I pulled hard. So hard that when I got the cloth unstuck, it came down with me when I fell to the floor. The sun spilled into the once dark room. I was soon drentched in sunlight, but the warmth it was given off was different. The warmth soon turned into a firey burn. I wasn't sure what was happening at first, but I soon realized that the sun was burning me!
Get out of the sun! I thought. I couldn't move. I was too hurt from the burns. I was soon screaming. "Jens!" I yelled, covering my already burned eyes.
I heard the sound of foot steps running for the room. "For all that is evil!" I heard Jens yell.
I felt Jens'cold hands touch my burnt skin as he pulled me out of the sun's rays. "I warned you, boy!" Jens scolded me. He moved my hands away from my face. "Any longer and you would have turned to ashes." Jens touched my scorned face. "Try to open your eyes."
"I can't," I said.
"Just try to, boy. They won't heal right unless you open them."
I slowly opened my eyes. It hurt doing so, but I was able to open both eyes. I could only see shadows at first, but I was soon seeing Jens as clear as crystal. "I don't understand, Jens," I said. "What happened to me?"
Jens sighed. " You have been denied acceptence," he said. "You're are of not the human kind. You're are damned to the darkness of this world. Everything that is considered holy is now deadly to you."
I looked down at my hands and watched as the burns quickly healed back to the pale, white skin. "If I am unholy, why does my skin heal so quickly?" I said.
"Because of the blood, Antonio. We drink it because it is our elixir. Without it we would not exsist."
I dropped my head to my chest. I soon just dropped onto Jens' lap. I was lost in confusion.
"Time heals, Antonio," Jens said it that strange language, again. "You will eventually except your fate." Jens then combed his fingers through my hair.
"Come now. You need to rest and heal." Jens soon picked me up off the floor. "You can spend the day in my room, far away from the sun."
I didn't bother to fight. I was too depress to care. I can't even enjoy the warmth of the sun without being burned, I thought.
Jens took me into another room, this time, no windows. Jens placed me on a bed. "Sleep, Antonio," Jens said.
I latched onto Jens' shirt. "Don't leave me," I said. Although I hated Jens for his awful deeds, I didn't want him to leave my side.
"I won't leave you, boy," Jens said, running his fingers through my hair. "Now, go to sleep."
Surprisingly, it didn't take long for me fall asleep. With Jens stroking my hair, it seemed soothing enough to make me fall asleep...

"Wake up, Antonio," I heard Jens say to me. "Wake up." Jens gently shook me awake.
"I just fallen asleep," I growned, tossing a pillow over my head.
Jens pulled the pillow off my head. "You have been sleeping since the morning sun had rised," he said. "Now, get up. We have a long night ahead of us."
"Why the rush?" I sighed, stretching my limbs.
"You need to feed."
I quickly looked at Jens. "What?"
"The blood, Antonio. You need to taste your first blood before the lust takes over."
The way Jens spoke to me sounded like Gibberish. I didn't understand half the words that came out of his mouth. "Don't be looking so confused, boy," he said. "You'll be able to understand me more by following me."
I found it hard to follow Jens. He moved at an unhumanly speed through the streets. "Would you slow down, Jens," I said as Jens pulled me along on his adventure.
"Not until you find your feet," Jens said. "Besides, I am going slow, you're still adjusting to everything that has changed."
"Where are you taking me?"
"A place to feed, Antonio." Jens guilded me through the backstreets of the village, until we reached a tavern. "This seems like a good spot," he said.
Jens opened the door to the tavern, dragging me in with him. Unlike the night before, this tavern was more lively. There were few men, but they had plenty of women crawling all over them. The smell of smoke and wine filled the air, as men of every age laid drunk in their chairs. I was startng feel ill. It was due to the smell of blood.
My mouth was soon swollen and watering. I felt the sharp pinch in my mouth before I was tasting my own blood. "Be careful not to let the humans see those," said Jens, pointing at my mouth.
I glided my tongue across my teeth and felt the familar sharpness of fangs. In a state of panic, I quickly covered my mouth with my hands. I wasn't ill- I was thirsting.
Jens took me by my hands and guilded me to a flight stairs, that led for the upper floor. "The last thing you need is a drunk's watered down blood," stated Jens. He dragged my up the stairs to the second floor.
On the second floor, the smell quickly changed into perfume. There were no men, just women... Woman of beauty and passion... Prostitutes. "Women seem more your taste," said Jens.
I smelled the blood, and I was scared. "I can't," I said, backing away towards the stairs.
"Where are you going, good sir?" The voice startled me and I turned around. A young lady was blocking the stairs. A brunette, just barely as high as my chin. "You look like you could use some excitment, sir," she said, pulling on my cloak to bring me closer to her.
"No, I don't, miss," I said, trying to step away from the lady. "I am only here with a friend- Jens!"
"You are on your own, Antonio," said Jens, from the other side of the room, with a woman on each arm.
"Antonio?" said the lady. "That is a nice name." The lady reached under my cloak. "You're so cold. Please, stay awile and I'll warm your skin." The lady suddenly lean forward to try to kiss me.
I went to step away, but instead, I fell back and landed on a bed filled with pillows. "Please, miss," I said, pulling away from the lady's tempting warm lips.
"You are going to have to give in some time, boy," I heard Jens said to me in that strange language."
He is watching me, I thought. I looked over at Jens. If it wasn't for all the women crawling over him, he was like a statue, staring at me.
"Stop being so shy, Antonio," said the lady, still trying to kiss my lips. "I don't bite, hard."
But I do, I thought. I sat transfixed on the thought, not realizing that the lady had placed her lips on mine.
The lady then pulled away from the embrace. "Was that so hard?" she said.
I wasn't sure had happened at that moment, but something in me wanted that lady. Without saying a word, I reached up and placed my cold lips on hers.
The warmth of her lips was very overwelming. I was soon pressing my luck, touching her breasts and combing her hair with my fingers. The lady was soon giggling, pulling away from the kiss. "Getting anxious, I see," she said, pulling her body off mine, throwing herself onto the overly pillowed bed. "Come for me, Antonio, if you want me that bad."
I wasn't sure what was coming over me. My body just followed the lady, with my mind telling me to stop. I got on top of the lady and smothered her with a continuious kiss. Kissing her from her lips, to her neck, and back to her lips. I was able to taste the blood through the thin layer of skin as I went back to kiss her neck.
"Slow down, Antonio," the lady said, pushing on me, breaking my embrace. She smiled and giggled. "You shouldn't rush."
At that moment, I wasn't myself. My senses were completly overwelmed by this woman. Without thinking, I placed strong hold on the woman, so she couldn't escape.
"Ouch!" the lady said, cheerfully. "Careful."
I felt as my fangs extended to a much longer length, to a point they were piercing my gum. I closed my eyes, taking in the moment, before a growl arose from my thout.
"Are you all right?" said the lady, with concerned.
I opened my eyes and looked at her. "I am fine," I said, hiding my fangs from her sight. I went back to kissing her, trying to distract her.
As I kissed her my hands began to comb the hairs off the lady's neck, baring it completely. Without removing her lips, the lady sat up as though I commanded her. She had her arms around my neck for support.
"Bite her, boy," I heard Jens say in the strange language.
I was soon kissing the woman's neck. I could taste the blood through the unbroken skin of her throut. I soon had my arms wrapped around the woman's waist, pressing her body against mine, making her unable to escape. I pulled away from her throut for a quick breath. The thirst had already taken over.
Opening my mouth, I bared my fangs, ready to strike. As I went to bite into the woman's neck, I stopped just as my fangs barely glazed the surface of the skin. I was distracted by what at the head board of the bed. A large mirror bared down on the bed. I saw the reflection of the woman's back, but I saw no reflection of myself, as though I couldn't cast a refection.
My body and mind soon came back as one. I pushed the woman away from me as I got off the bed. "Am I not good for you, anymore?" said the woman, sounding extreamly sad.
I soon got a headache. It was the thirst that was trying to control me. "Keep away from me!" I yelled, not caring anybody saw my fangs.
"Antonio, you coward," Jens said, standing up from his crowd of women.
I gave Jens the coldest stare. "This you all your fault, you basterd," I hissed. Turning away, I quickly made my way for the stairs.
"How dare you defy me, boy!" cried Jens.
The next thing I knew, Jens and I were flying through the second story wall and into the street below. We landed hard on the ground. I dislocated my shoulder as I heard a bone break in Jens' arm.
People in the street scattered when Jens got to his feet, picking me up as he did. "You will pay for your defience, boy!" he yelled, before throwing me into the dirt.
"I don't care!" I cried, grasping my dislocted arm, getting onto my feet. "Kill me if you want, but you can't force me to kill a woman."
Jens quickly messed with his broken arm, putting it back in place, healing quickly. "Killing you is pointless, Antonio," said, walking closer to me. "You're all ready dead."
"Then what is worst than death?" I continued to walk back, away from Jens.
"To not be able to rest in peace." Jens suddenly rushed at me at an unnatural speed, sending me onto my back. Reaching to grab ahold of me, Jens spoke. "I guess I'll have to force you..."
I quickly grew angry. Out of determination, I slapped Jens' hand away from me, with my good arm, and slipped away from his grasp. The moment I escape his grasp, I soon heard a cry of pain. "You vampires have no reason to walk this earth," I heard a man's voice.
Vampires? I thought. I turned and look behind me. I saw that Jens was on his knees, with an arrow through his neck. A man stood a way's way with a crossbow at hand, staring down at Jens.
Jens pulled the arrow out of his throut. "We have better reasons, walking this earth than yourself," he said.
"When you mean 'we', you're referring to you and that boy behind you," said the man.
Jens snickered. "He is not worthy to be called, what you say, a 'vampire'," he said.
The man laughed. "Then I assume he is of no importence to you?" he said. "No matter. Noelle! The boy is all yours."
"Antonio!" Jens yelled. "Run!"
"But, Jens-" I started.
"Run, boy. You're on your own. If you survive the night, I'll reconsider."
I soon saw a beast appear out of the shadows, placing itself next to the man with the crossbow. It looked human, but it had the features of a wolf. It also sported glowing yellow eyes. "Brother," it said, "he doesn't look like much of a challenge at all." It sounded like a woman's voice.
"Do what I say before I have a silver stake placed through you're cursed heart," sad the man.
"Yes, Brother," said the creature. It laid its flaring eyes on me and soon went into a pouncing position.
"Run, boy," said Jens, "before I decide to kill you."
"Get him, Noelle!" cried the man.
The beast soon howled for it's battle cry. Without a pause it can running at me. With fear on my mind, I turned on my heal and dashed down the street, forgetting about my dislocated arm, which didn't hurt at all.
I ran out of the village and into the surrounding forest. The beast was soon trailing me, slowly catching up with me.
In the forest, the only light was the light of a full moon, which barely lite the forest ground, but I was able to see the forest as though it was a cloudy day, allowing me to see where I was heading, without hitting trees. This is new, I thought.
Something was soon arosing within me. It felt like I was becoming something very unhuman, and savage. I was feeling the same way when I was about to kill the woman back at the tavern. The monster in me was thirsting again.
Without thinking, I quickly relocated my arm, as I ran. Out of fear for my life, I left the monster within me take over. It was happy to gain control...
With the monster in control, I became fearless. Stopping at mid-run, I turned and faced the beast that chased me. It came running, tackling me to the ground, ready to sink its teeth into my flesh.
I punched the beast off me, getting back on my feet, ready to fight. The beast turn and try to strike me with its claws, but with my reflexes enhanced I easily dodged the strike. I grabbed the beast by the arm and pulled it to the ground, allowing me to get it into a pin. "And you thought I wasn't a challenge," I hissed in same strange language Jens spoke.
Ripping away a layer of clothes from the beast's throut, I opened my mouth, baring my fangs, and quickly bit into the beast's flesh. The blood pured into my mouth, enflaming every taste bud. I withdrew the blood from the wounds, swallowing in cups. The thirst was comlpetly engulfed.
The beast was defenseless against my. As I drained the blood from its body, it became weak and gave up. It just went limp in my grasp.
As the blood satisfied the thirst, I soon came back to my senses. I pulled away from the embrace, realizing that it wasn't a beast I feasted off, it was a woman!
"That wouldn't have been my choice for my first feed, but it'll do for now," said Jens, leaning against a tree, a few feet away.
"What o you mean, for now?" I said, staring down at the woman, who was barely breathing, in my arms.
"You'll going to have to feed again, eventrually. Blood only last for so long before it goes bad."
What I had left of a heart just sunk. Feeding off blood was the only way for me to survive? I thought. "Never, again," I said. Turning on my heel, I quickly walked away from Jens.
"Face it, Antonio," Jens said as he reappeared in front of me. "No matter how hard you try not to feed, there are far worst things that could happen."
"What can be worst than having to feed off blood to survive?"
"Having a bloodlust and going on a killing spree." Jens then put his arm around me. "Think about it, Antonio. Would you rather suffer killing one human to survive, or killing dozens out of rage?"
That thought then struck me. Jens was right. Did I really want to risk going into this lust and killing more humans?
"Antonio, look at the woman," said Jens. "Not everything will die from our bite."
I looked at the woman. "She wasn't human," I said. "She was a beast."
"Werewolves are usually beast, Antonio, but they are not something to fear."
Werewolves? This word sounded strange to me. I lived my human life unaware of such things, now I had to get familiar with such things as werewolves and vampires... "But what about that human that attacked us?" I asked.
Jens growled. "Stear clear of him," he hissed. "He hunts us as his pray."
"Then how did you escape him?"
"It wasn't without its consequences." Jens showed me his hand, which was scolded to near bone. "Holy Water is almost deadly to us."
A sound then interrupted the moment. It was coming from the woman, who was slowly waking up. Then suddenly, she went from woman to beast as the moon came out from behind the clouds.
"We need to leave," said Jens as he pulled me along, away the woman. "Seeing you managed to survive against a werewolf, there still a chance for you. I will take you under my wing and teach you everything I know, but in return, you belong to me."
I then pulled away from Jens. "I am nobody's property," I said.
"We made a deal, Antonio. You are my assisstent, meaning, I am your master.
"From the moment you agreed to my offer, you were mine. You have nothing of real value, exept for that gold locket. You don't even exsist for a purpose."
I did owe a lot to Jens for what he did for me. "Then why do you exsist?" I said.
"Because I could. I took the chance to make a living in this damned world." Jens then pinned me against a tree. "You had no reason to exsist, but now you do, boy. You're not the petty thief I found in the smoldering flames, but a vampire who assissts me in taking down the evildoers."
There was that word 'vampire' again. "I thought we were the evil monsters, who were sent here to kill humans."
"I said we were damned. This doesn't mean we have to be evil."
© Copyright 2007 LoonyGurl (johnnyprincess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1208681-Cursed-and-the-Damned-pt2