*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1426959-CatD-Next-Generation-part-1
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Drama · #1426959
a much farther down the line of my CatD series. It been too long from this site.
After the eventful years of before, life for Arin and Sam, along with their son, Seth, was safe, for the first time. After escaping from the grasp of their greatest enemy, Drake, the werewolf hunter, Arin and his family moved to the north, where Sam had family and they could be out of danger. Though life was quiet for the Kane family, its only time until the skeletons get cleaned from the closet.

"What do you mean he escaped?!" Quinn yelled as he sat straight up in his chair.
"Hey, that is what I was informed of," said the voice on the other line. "One of the guards went to check on him, but found his cell empty, except a note on the bunk."
"What did the note say?" Quinn sighed.
"All it said was 'vengeance will be mine' and his signature."
Quinn gasped. Hanging up the telephone, he slammed his face into the desk.
"Dad," Quinn's daughter, Kristy spoke. "Who escaped?"
Quinn thought for a moment. She was too young to remember him, he thought. "The worst creature ever encountered," he said. Lifting his face from the desk, looked over at his clock, which read half passed seven in the morning. "Pack your bags. We are going to go visit your cousin."
"But-" Kristy was about to protest.
"Do what I say! You have to go for this."
Kristy went quiet. Knowing she wasn't going to win this argument, she stormed up to her room.
Quinn sighed. The chief isn't going to like this, he thought, looking at the telephone, ready to call the police department.

"For all that is evil, how the hell did he escaped?" Antonio said on his phone when he reached a rest stop.
"Hell, I don't know," said Quinn on the other line. "The prison doesn't even know how he got out."
"Do Arin and Sam know of this?" Antonio looked around the store to curve his thirst until the next rest stop.
"Not that I'm aware of. I'm heading up there way as we speak."
"Really? That is where I was heading. The city where Arin and them live is having an issue with a serial killer that has been on the loose."
"Hmm, vampire?"
"Judging by what I read, yes."
A sudden sound of a gun soon rang in the little store. Antonio looked and saw that some random thief was threatening the store clerk with a pistol, at a rest stop of all things.
"What was that?" said Quinn.
"My dinner," Antonio said as he closed his cell phone.
"Hand over the money or I'll shoot!" cried the thief. Many of the costumers fled, but most stayed and watched, including Antonio. The store clerk was the one that was in danger.
Antonio stood and watched, waiting for the thief to leave the store. The thirst pounded through his veins, making his fangs fully extend.

The thief gathered the money from the store clerk. "Don't even dare call the cops!" the thief yelled as he exited the store with a bag of money.
Making it to his car, the thief wasted no time and was back on the road. Driving for a short while, this thief was happy, thinking he has gotten away with a crime. Then suddenly, a hand came around from the back seat of his car, pinning him against his seat. "What the-!" he cried.
Another hand grabbed the steering wheel as a sudden pain ripped through his neck. Looking out the corner of his eye, he could see a man digging his teeth into where the pain was coming from. "Let go of me!" he cried as he tried to get the man off of him. Grabbing a handful of hair, the thief tried pulling the man away, but the man was too strong to be pulled off.
A feeling of lightheadedness soon came over the thief. The man was taking his blood, killing him as he drove down the highway.

Antonio soon couldn't hear a heart beat. The thief's blood had been completely drained and yet his foot was still on the peddle. Keeping a hand on the steering wheel, Antonio pulled away from the now dead thief's neck. "Hopefully God will be more forgiving than me," he said as pulled the thief's foot of the peddle, allowing the car to come to a stop off the side of the road.
When the car stopped, Antonio fell back into the back seat, taking a deep breath of relief. The thief was taking care of and Antonio's thirst was satisfied, but now he had to dispose of the evidence of his presence. Looking around, Antonio found that he was close to a river, giving him the opportunity to dispose of the body without anyone suspecting him.
Being a vampire, Antonio was able to slip out of sight of passing by cars with ease, letting him take the thief's body down to the river. Slicing the dead thief's throat, Antonio dropped the body into the raging river.
Removing the remaining blood from his lips, Antonio felt relieved. Leaving the car sit, Antonio choose to dash back to the rest stop with the stolen money. Without saying a word to the store clerk, he left the bag of money at the register and walked away. Before the clerk could say anything, Antonio had already got into his car and drove off into the dusk of twilight.

"Seth!" cried a voice.
Seth opened his eyes. Looking around he could see that the sun was up.
"Seth!" cried the voice once again. "Are you awake?"
Seth looked at his clock and saw the time. "Yes, Mom," he mumbled as he rolled out of bed and put his glasses on.
"Well, hurry up and get dressed and get some breakfast!" his cried from the kitchen.
Realizing that today was only Thursday, Seth was soon protesting to get out of his bed, knowing he had school.
Brushing his teeth in the bathroom, Seth stared at himself in the mirror. At fourteen most of his classmates had hit puberty and some were already growing facial hair, but Seth was still small and without any signs of adolescence. He was baby faced with his grandfather's crystal blue eyes, his mother's unique hair color, but his father's shape-it-the-way-you-like-it hair. For these reasons, many of his classmates shunned him away as "immature".
After brushing his teeth, and got dressed, Seth went down to breakfast, trying to not let puberty cross his mind the rest of the day.

"What are we going to do about Seth when his time comes?" said Sam as she drank her orange juice.
"Well," said Arin, reading the newspaper, " I say wait and see. He has the whole summer before him yet before his birthday. Joey has even said he was caught off guard when he first started seeing signs."
"Signs of what, Dad?" said Seth as he walked into the kitchen.
Arin looked up from his paper. "Signs that you are going through puberty, Seth," he said. "You're not alone when it comes to late puberty."
Just when I thought I could forget about the subject, Seth thought as he sat at the table for breakfast. "So, Mom, when are you expecting that guy to show up?" Seth asked his mother.
"What guy- oh, you mean Antonio?" said Sam. "He said it would be sometime today or later on tonight."
"You never really told me who he was."
Sam paused for a moment. "He is a close friend of ours. Him and your uncle use to always be out 'playing' bounty hunters"
"Do you have any pictures of him?"
"...No. He is not one for pictures, but he is really easy to recognize if you 'd see him. He is very pale, skinny, blue eyes, and blond hair. Likes his dark colors for clothes and sunglasses. He is more so Goth or Punk come to think of it."
"Like what half the school likes to wear?" Seth said sarcastically.
"Let's just say he defines Goth," said Arin. "He's dressed the same for as long as we known him."
"He also has this vibe that draw girls to him," said Sam. "Ha, I use to have a crush on him when I was your age."
"Hmm, so I take it he is quite unique in his own way? Unlike a lot of people?"
"Yes, in a way." Sam looked at her watch. "Speaking of ways, you two need to finish your breakfast, so we won't be late for school."

The only thing that seemed negative about school, for Seth, was that both his parents were teachers at his high school. Many of his classmates tease him about it all the time, even some of the other teachers did the teasing. The only thing that brightened his day was to see his best friend, Marie. She was one the few friends that hung around Seth, and even disliked how their classmates treated Seth.
"Seth!" Marie cried as her father dropped her off at the main entrance of the school.
Seth went and met up with Marie. "Hey, Marie," he said. Looking into the car at Marie's father, Seth smiled. 'It's okay Mr. C, she'll be safe at my house after school."
Marie's father grinned. "I know she will," he said. "Call me when you're ready for me to pick you up, Sweetie."
"Yes, Dad," said Marie. "I know the drill. Have a good day at work."
"C'ya."
"He really likes you," Marie said to Seth as her father drove off. "Normally, he would say no to going over to a boy's house."
"He only said yes because he knows my parents," said Seth.

Walking and talking, Seth and Marie were soon stopped. "Well, if it isn't the turds," said Mac as he and posse surrounded the two.
"Be quiet, Mac," said Marie. "The last time I checked, we are older than you and your friends."
"But you two are still kids. Unlike you, Seth, I can say I'm growing a beard."
"Yeah, along with that big head of yours," said Seth. "I'm guessing most of it is due to hot air."
"Oh, really? You haven't grown an inch since the sixth grade, making your brain underdeveloped."
"The only brain that is undeveloped is yours, Dude," said an accented voice from behind.
Mac turned around and was staring at a fully dark clothed man with sunglasses. "Mind your own business, man," said Mac.
"I'm sorry to say this, but Seth is somewhat my business," said the man.
"Well, you can wait until I'm done with him," said Mac as he turned his back on the man.
The man placed a hand on Mac's shoulder. "A half-breed should be careful on how he speaks to certain people," said the man.
Seth and Marie were dumbfounded, unable to translate what the man had just said. Mac was frozen in a state of shock, as well as the rest of his friends.
"Cat got your tongue, or should I repeat myself?" said the man.
Mac turned to look at the man with a stare of hatred. "My master will not be happy knowing you're here," said Mac in the strange language.
"I wouldn't be surprised," said the man.
At that moment, Mac and his friends walked away in a dead, cold silence. The man looked over at Seth and Marie, smiling. "Sorry about that, Seth," the man said. "He was in no position to be talking to you like that."
Seth eyed the man that was speaking to him. The description his parents had told him fitted the man all the way down to the shoes. "A-are you Antonio?" said Seth as he looked at Marie, who was all goggle eyed at the sight of the man.
Antonio grinned. "The one and only," he said. "You're Seth I'm guessing?"
"How did you know?" Seth said.
"You look like a hybrid of both of your parents, and you have your grandfather's eyes. Even if it's been over ten years, you're not hard to point out of a crowd."
Seth continued to stare at Antonio. Looking up at the sky, he noticed that there was an overcast and the sun wasn't even visible. "Is there really a need for the sunglasses?"
Antonio laughed. "No, not really." Looking up to the sky, Antonio took off his sunglasses. "I wear them because my eyes are a little sensitive to UV rays. But the sun isn't out this morning." Hearing a short gasp, he turned his attention to Marie. "And you must be Jake's daughter, Marie?"
"You know my father?" Marie asked as she stared at Antonio's amazingly blue eyes.
With a smile, Antonio took Marie's hand. "My lady, you have your father written all over you," he said, kissing Marie's hand. "Though I must say it looks so much better on you."
Seth soon heard the first bell to ring for class. A little agitated, he grabbed Marie and almost dragged her into the building. "We'll see you later," he said as they went into the building.
Waiting for the rest of the students to enter the building, Antonio made his way into the school. Being turned into a vampire at a young age would have let Antonio slip through the school as a student, but the last thing he needed was something going wrong with that idea. Instead he went to the general office and signed in as a visitor.

"Okay, guys and gals," said Sam, "you all know what needs to be done, so continue with what you've been working on. The critique is on Wednesday."
"Mrs. Kane," said Tommy, "I need your help."
"Help with what, Tommy?" said Sam.
"Well, this project isn't turning out the way I want it to."
Sam looked at the painting that her student was showing her. "Well, seeing that you're trying to add detail, you should try using the thinner brushes."
"If you wish to get even more detailed, you should try a toothpick," said a voice that could only send a chill up Sam's spine.
"Must you always sneak up on me like that, Antonio?" she said.
"I enjoy watching the goose bumps run up your neck," Antonio whispered in Sam's ear. Moving swiftly, he made his way to Sam's desk.
Sam stared at Antonio for a moment. Shaking her head, she turned her attention back to her students.

"You couldn't wait until this afternoon, could you?" Sam stated as she grabbed her lunch from her bag.
"Well, I would have, but the weather wasn't going let me wait until then," Antonio said as he walked over to the window. "It's the end of May and the sun won't hide behind clouds a whole day. The car would have roasted me."
"Did you see Seth?" Sam took a bite from her sandwich.
"He got bigger since the last time I saw him. I'm guessing you never told him that he was going to become a werewolf?"
Sam swallowed her sandwich. "We're waiting for the right time. He already has issues with school and all."
"You two are keeping him from the dangers of the real truth. You're afraid that he'll get hurt."
"How we raise Seth is none of your business, Antonio." Sam took another bite from her sandwich.
"Sam, you can't forget that the vampire blood runs through that boy's veins just as much the werewolf's. Technically, he is next in line to be my master. If you haven't noticed yet, you're starting to lose your control of what I can and cannot do." Antonio walked over to Sam. Leaning against her chair, Antonio started to play with the hairs around Sam's neck. "If you think about it, he could turn me against you if you piss him off. It has happened before, with you, your father, and your grandfather."
Sam started to choke. "That's where you are wrong," she coughed, "unlike the ones before me, I'm not trying to kill my offspring."
Continuing to play with Sam's hair, Antonio thought about it. "Hmm, good point. Also, you treated me as family rather than a pet."
Feeling the chills on her neck, Sam pulled away from Antonio's touch. "Why don't you go get something to eat from the cafeteria if you're hungry?" she asked, knowing what Antonio wanted.
"Too many humans. It's too much temptation." He started playing with Sam's hair again.
"Well, have some of cookies if you're hungry." Sam went and dug through her bag.
"I already ate those last period." Antonio pinned Sam in the chair. "I need something to wash them down with."
Sam growled. "Don't forget, we're in a school and students do come in here, even during my lunch."
"Don't worry, I just fed last night before I reached Ohio. I'm waiting until tonight, when I go out to do my investigation."
"Hmm, which reminds me. Joey has told us that he was helping you with this investigation. Vampire serial killer?"
Antonio laughed. "It would make sense to have a werewolf helping me with this. The last thing I need is a human getting killed on my watch."
"Actually, I think the humans are just afraid of you."

"You know, since this morning, Mac hasn't come near you," said Marie as she and Seth walked from the school. "I think Antonio really scared him."
Seth rolled his eyes. "Think Antonio can scare anybody," he said. "For as long as you stared at his eyes, you couldn't see that? There is something that dark about him that can send a chill down any spine."
Marie looked at Seth awkwardly. "Jealous?" she said.
"What? Of him?" Seth said. "Hell no."
"Liar."
"Why would I be jealous of someone who is probably older than my mom?"
"Older than your mom? I thought he was a senior?"
"Yes. Antonio is in the FBI. He has to be about my uncles age, and he's about forty-five now."
Marie shuddered at the thought. "But he looks so young."
"A lot of people in my family are like that. Even close friends are that way." Reaching into his book bag, Seth pulled out a picture. It was a picture of family and friends. "I found this picture in the attic. From what the date said, this picture is about ten years old."
Marie looked at the picture. "Your parents haven't changed," she said. "That's my dad also."
"There's Cal and Xander also. I just saw them last summer and they haven't changed much since this picture. I think Antonio was the one that took the picture."
"Weird." Marie gave the picture back to Seth. "My dad still looks the same too."

Being born during a time when their kind was hunted, both Marie and Seth are unaware that their parents are werewolves. What these two didn't understand at the time is that werewolves age slower than humans.
"Seth, how's it going?" said Joey, standing on the front, talking with Antonio. "Hello, Marie."
"Hey Joey," said Seth as he and Marie walked up the path to Seth's house. "What brings you here?"
"Well, I'm here for Antonio." Joey put his arm around Antonio's neck. "I'll be helping with his investigation."
"The serial killings?" Seth got up on the porch of his house. "I thought the police were going to stay out of this one?"
"I'm just doing a favor for a friend. Antonio can't handle this one alone."
"Actually, its because the police don't trust me," Antonio said as he took Joey's arm off his neck. "They don't like anybody from the FBI."
"No, its just you. Some are aware of your reputation and are against you."
"Be quiet, Joey."
Joey rolled his eyes. "Why don't you tell them what you're after, Antonio? Truthfully, the real stuff will surface sooner or later." Joey said as he took Antonio into a headlock.
"Let go!"
"Tell them what you're really after."
"-Vampires-! There, you happy?"
Joey left go of Antonio. "Yes," he said.
"Vampires?" laughed Seth. "You guys have really lost your minds. Things like that don't really exist."
"Believe what you like," Antonio said as he fixed his hair that Joey messed up. "That is what I'm looking for."
"Well, I hope you find what you guys are looking for. Come on, Marie." Both Seth and Marie then walked into the house.
"So, I take it Sam and Arin didn't explain anything to him?" said Joey when Seth and Marie were out of hearing range.
"No. Seth will be in for a rude awakening when the time comes."
"Hmm, and they couldn't even tell Seth what I was."
"What? A pain-in-the-ass werewolf?"
"Hey, I was born a werewolf due to that stupid mutt, Jake. I didn't choose this."
"Excuses, excuses. That is all I hear from your generation." Looking up at the darkening sky, Antonio looked at his watch. "Let's get out of here. Its almost happy hour at Howl's Pub."
"Howl's Pub? Why there?" Joey said as they walked to Antonio's car.
"One of the victims worked there. It is also the latest murder."
"Oh, you looking for some witnesses."
"Not really. The murder happened the day before yesterday, so I'm looking for the start of a trail." Getting into the car, Antonio started the engine. "You can look for witnesses if you like."

"Vampires," said Seth as he and Marie studied. "Why such things?"
Marie started chewing on her pencil. "Well, I believe him," she said. "My dad always told me stories about stuff like that. Even things about werewolves."
"That's just it, they're stories."
"Yeah, well my dad showed me a clipping from an old newspaper about these creatures and how they saved a whole town from vampires. Also, he has an article about a psychotic werewolf 'hunter', who got placed in a high security prison years later."
"Really? What was this guy's name? I'd need to look him up some time."
"Uh, it was something like Drake O'Brian, or something like that."
In the back of his mind, Seth could hear a little bell ringing. "Drake?" Seth pondered the thought. "Where did I here that name before?"
"Sounded familiar I'm guessing?"
"Very."
"Anyways, the article said that he had killed nearly a hundred 'werewolves' in a course of ten years or so. He was sentenced to death, but from what my dad had told me, he was still alive."
"Hmm. This is going to bug me the rest of the night."

"Do you want to play good cop, bad cop if things go wrong?" Joey stated as they pulled up to the pub.
"That is if something goes wrong," said Antonio. "For know I just want to check out the place and see if I can pick a trail." As they walked in to the pub, Antonio could already pick up a distinct scent. The scent was of all types of blood and it triggered Antonio's senses in a fast heartbeat. "Something undead was just here," Antonio said as he covered his mouth. His fangs were extending.
Joey covered his nose. "He didn't leave alone either," he said. "I smell lady's perfume mixed in with it."
"C'mon, before it is too late!" Antonio tagged Joey's shoulder as he ran back out the pub.
Back outside, Antonio took another sniff of the air. "The alleyways. Let's split and search all the alley ways within a two block radius."
"I'll met you back here in ten minutes if neither of us find anything," Joey said as he dashed off into the closest alleyway.
Sticking with the plan, Antonio ran in the opposite direction of Joey and explored the alleyways.
Nearly three minutes into the search, the screams of a woman can be heard over several blocks. As soon as he located where the screams were coming from, Antonio dashed towards the commotion. Using the extent of his abilities, Antonio leapt onto the building walls and made a run across the rooftops to save time.
Zeroing in on his target, Antonio jumped down into the alley in which the screams were coming from. With the scent at it's strongest, he bared his fangs and cried: "Get off of her!!!".
Dropping to the ground Antonio cornered his pray instantly. His pray was indeed the creature he was after, but with another victim in his hands. He kept his face hidden, blocking any sign of identity.
"Drop her you fowl creature," scowled Antonio. A faint sound of a heartbeat could be heard. It was the woman, barely alive.
The vampire just hissed. Letting the woman drop to the ground, he backed off from her. "Come get her," the vampire hissed.
Seeing what the vampire was trying to do, Antonio went straight for him.
Going in for the kill, Antonio was mislead. As he went for the final blow, the vampire was quick to find a large, splintered piece of a two-by-four and lodge into Antonio's gut. "You weren't expecting that, were you pure-blood?" hissed the vampire as he escaped.
Antonio fell to the cold alley ground. Grasping the broken wood in his gut, his blood began to pour as he pulled the wood out. "Shit, that hurt!" he cried as he pressed his face on the cold ground. Looking up at the woman, Antonio could see that she was losing blood fast and nothing could stop it except one thing. She saw his face, he thought. I need her. The feeling of a bloodlust was soon kicking in.
With the strength he had left, Antonio crawled over to the dying woman. Kneeling over her Antonio bent down to her ear. "Do you want to live? Or, do you want to die?" he whispered. He could smell the aroma of the woman's blood.
The woman reached over and placed her hand on his cold cheek. "I don't want to die like this," she said weakly.
Taking the woman's hand into his own, Antonio bent further down until he was able to put his lips on the woman's bloody neck. Finding the all ready opened wound, he placed his mouth over it, allowing the woman's blood to bleed into his throat. Not actually biting her neck, Antonio just drank it until his 'kiss' healed the opened wound.
Pulling away from the embrace, Antonio whipped the remaining blood from his lips. He then brought the woman into an arm embrace, ensuring that she was going to survive. He could feel as her heartbeat slowed down and her skin grow colder. She is weak, he thought, realizing that the woman was completely unconscious.
"Antonio!" cried Joey as he approached the alleyway.
"Over here wolf boy," Antonio said casually.
Completely transformed, Joey came running down the alley. "W-what the hell happened?" he panted.
Antonio combed the woman's hair with his finger. "He got away, that damned half-breed," he said.
"What about her?" Joey pointed at the woman.
"I didn't have much of an option. That thing staked my gut and she was suffering." Antonio stood up, carrying the woman with him.
"Is she-?"
"No, not quite. She had a choice."
Joey stayed quiet for a moment. "Now what?"
Antonio thought for a moment. "Go home for the night," he said. "I need to take her home with me."
"But Seth- you know damn well Sam and Arin are going to say something."
"I know this, but she is closest person we have tied to this case, Joey. Sam and Arin know I have business to take care of, and Seth will just have to deal with the dreaded truth."
Joey growled in disproval. "Fine, but I need to go back with you to get my car."
Without saying a word, Antonio, with the woman in his arms, and Joey walked back to Antonio's car.
Back at the Kane's house, Seth was saying his good-byes to Marie as she was taken home by her father.
"Did you two get what you needed to get done?" asked Sam, as Seth closed the front door.
"Yup," said Seth. "Hey Mom?"
"Yes, Dear?"
"Earlier, Antonio and Joey were here, getting ready to start their investigation into that serial killer."
"Okay, did they say something to you?"
"Well, yes. Joey was choking words out of Antonio about the possibility that the serial killer was a vampire."
The sound of a shattered dish ringed through the room. "What's this about a vampire?" said Arin from the kitchen.
"Joey and Antonio are starting to push the buttons, Arin," said Sam. "Anything else, Seth?"
"Well, Marie was telling about these old articles about werewolves, and about a guy named Drake."
"Really? Where did she gets these old articles?" said Arin from the kitchen.
"Her dad left her see them. Why are you so worried about it? I thought things like vampires and werewolves didn't exist."
"Actually, Seth," said Arin as he walked into the living room, "they do exist. Its just hard to tell them apart from humans. To tell the truth, Seth, there are vampires and werewolves that go to the high school, but they're hard to pick out."
"Also," interrupted Sam, "your uncle and cousin are what were refer to as slayers. They hunt down vampires for a living."
Seth gave his parents the most dumbfounded look. "You aren't trying to pull my leg? Vampires? Werewolves?... Slayers? C'mon, you can't be serious?"
A loud kick at the front door suddenly startled everyone. "Someone please open the door!" It was Antonio.
"That was quick," said Sam as she walked over and opened the door. Opening the door, she could see why Antonio was crying for assistance. "For all that is evil! What happened?" she said, seeing the body of an unconscious woman in Antonio's arms.
"He struck again, Sam," Antonio huffed, realizing he didn't get enough blood, and was losing energy. Walking into the house, Arin was quick to take the woman from his hands. "I just barely got to her, before she was completely drained." Dropping to his knees, Antonio looked around. Laying eyes on Seth, he got back on his feet. "You'll have to excuse me, Seth, but I have to ask you to leave. She likes to bite."
Arin and Sam froze in place. "What?" said Arin.
"She woke up in the car and tried to get Joey," said Antonio.
Arin remained still. "Seth, go to your room," he said.
"What did I do?" said Seth.
"Nothing, just go, Seth." Arin then walked towards to the door of the basement.
"Do as your father said, Seth," said Sam as she followed Arin down to the basement.
"Sorry, Seth," said Antonio, "but there are some things that can't be explained right now."
Seth looked at Antonio and noticed the enormous blood stain on his shirt. "What the hell happened to you?" he said.
"It is from my encounter with that serial killer," said Antonio. "It's the woman's blood." Looking down at his hands, he realized he was shaking uncontrollably. "We can discuss this later. Right now I have a half-...an unconscious woman to assist to."
"Antonio," said Seth, before Antonio could reach the basement door. "You were serious about these vampires and such things, weren't you?"
Antonio left out a sigh. "Seth, I don't have the right to tell such lies to you," he said. "Creatures that come out at night do exist, Seth. Even if you don't see them, they're there." Without another word, Antonio entered the basement, leaving Seth by himself.
Left with wonder, Seth made his way to his bedroom. When he almost reached the top of the stairs, the sound of the telephone went off. Looking for the closest telephone, Seth went into his parent's home office on the second floor. "Kane residence, Seth speaking," he said as he answered the phone.

"MOM!!!" Sam heard Seth cry.
"That doesn't sound good," said Antonio as he was cleaning off dry blood off the woman.
Hearing the sounds of Seth's feet running down the step, Sam rushed up to the main floor to tend to her son. Opening the basement door, Seth was already waiting for her. "Honey, what's wrong?" she said.
"It's Uncle Quinn and Kristy," Seth panted, "they were in a car accident! The hospital just called, that is where they were taken."
Sam remained silent for a moment. Too many thoughts were going through her mind all at once.
"Come, Sam," said Antonio as he rushed up the stairs," I have some explaining to do." Leading Sam away, Antonio quickly left through the front door.

"Drake is loose, Sam," said Antonio as he drove Sam and himself to the hospital.
"Loose?" said Sam, "you mean... he escaped?
"Yes, about three nights ago. Quinn and Kristy were on their way here when they called me."
"And you couldn't tell us this earlier?"
"Hmm, I was going to let Quinn do the honors of that, but means that Quinn has just got into an accident, I broke the silence."
Arriving at the hospital, Sam and Antonio rushed to the reception desk for the direction to Quinn's room.
"Aunt Sam!" cried the voice of Sam's niece, Kristy as they approached the hospital room. Kristy had spotted Sam as she was walking down the hallway.
"Kristy," said Sam as she took Kristy into her arms.
"Dad is in a coma, that drunken man put him in a coma-"
"Calm down, tell me what happened."
"We stopped by a gas station nearby, getting something to drink. Dad was waiting in the car. While I was inside the store, I heard a crash. I looked outside and saw that a truck had hit our car while Dad was still in it. The car was hit so hard that they had to use the jaws of life to get into it."
"And your Dad? What is his condition?"
"A broken arm and a cracked rib, but the worst was severe head trauma that put him in the coma."
"I was expecting worst," said Antonio, as he went into a thinking position. "Well, for him being a slayer, I don't see him being here no more than two or three days. "
"You really think that Antonio?" said Kristy.
"My dear, your father has been much worst. His body will heal itself, just give it time."
A sudden knock came to the door. "Excuse my interruption, but are you Sam?" said a doctor from the doorway.
"Yes," said Sam.
"Good, I need you to come with me, to fill out some paperwork," said the doctor.
"Oh, okay." Sam then followed the doctor over to the reception desk.
Kristy turned most of her attention to Antonio. "Did you tell her about Drake?" she said.
"Hmm, she wasn't too happy about the news," said Antonio as he went to sit down in a nearby chair."
"What's up with you?"
"A psychotic half-breed got the better of me tonight. The smell of blood isn't helping either."
"Did you feed at all tonight?"
"It wasn't enough. I had to save a woman that was the only living victim of the serial killings."
"You mean change her? Wasn't there another way?"
"He nearly destroyed a vital artery and she was bleeding to death. She would had died in my arms if I didn't. Along with that, I was staked and almost in a bloodlust. I could have put her out of her misery and drained her dry, but she made the choice to live."
"Where is she at now?"
"Your uncle is dealing with her at his house."

"Miss, please calm down!" yelled Arin as he tried to restrain the woman.
"Let go of me!" the woman cried. "Who are you- where am I!?"
Arin tackled the woman to the floor of the basement. "If you'd just calm down I'll tell you!" he said.
The woman was about to scream, but Arin quickly covered her mouth. "Wake up my son and I promise you I'll do more than just break a couple of bones," he said. The woman went on with her protest. Arin could soon feel that the woman's fangs glaze the surface of his hand. With a quick thought, Arin knew what the problem was. "Listen to me," he said, "I know what you are going through. I'm sure you body is hungry for something you never thought it would be for." The woman then stopped struggling. "Bite my hand, it will make better sense to you then."
The woman wasn't giving a second thought. At that moment, she opened her mouth and bit down on Arin's hand.
The shot of pain made Arin flinch as the woman's fangs buried themselves under his skin. Feeling the blood being drawn away from his arm, Arin felt safe enough to let the woman out of his grasp, allowing him to be able to get the blood to flow better.
Numbness and lightheadedness were soon setting in. Arin had to break free. "I need my hand back," he said as he started to pull away.
The woman nearly growled as she took a hold of Arin's hand. "Let go!" cried Arin as he ripped his hand out of the woman's grasp. Unable to find his footing, Arin fell back onto the floor, holding his bloody hand.
The woman started to hiss and growl, disapproving of Arin's action. As she went to attack Arin, Arin reacted by transforming into his werewolf form. The woman soon snapped back to reality and shriveled up into a ball in a corner, nearly crying.
Arin got his feet and started to approach the woman. "Please," she pleaded, "don't kill me."
"Kill you?" said Arin while he cleaned off his hand. "I can't kill you just because you can't control yourself."
"But I bit you. The taste of blood was too irresistible." The woman looked over her body. "What happened to me?"
"Do you remember anything from tonight?"
The woman thought for a moment. "I can't remember," she said. "I only remember going to bed at my apartment."
"What's the date?" Arin said, fearing the worst.
"The fifth of April"
Today is the twentieth of May, thought Arin. Calming down, Arin turned back to his human form. "You have no memory of the last few hours?" he said.
The woman shook her head. "No," she said. "I went to sleep and woke up here."
Antonio isn't going to like this, Arin thought. "Do you drink coffee?" he asked.
The woman stared at Arin with utmost confusion. "Yes," said the woman.
Arin reached out for the woman. "Don't be afraid of me, Miss. I'm harmless," he said when he saw the woman shuttered at Arin's exposed hand. "I make a got pot of coffee."
Not really sure what to make of Arin, the woman took his hand, doing her best to try to trust him.

© Copyright 2008 LoonyGurl (johnnyprincess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1426959-CatD-Next-Generation-part-1