*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1209214--Lay-Me-Down-To-Sleep-2
by Teen
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Romance/Love · #1209214
Memories of the past?
                                                  -Flash~Back-

A small, fragile girl cried softly as she cowered behind the smelly dumpster. Her sobs were so quiet, they were almost silent.
At the first impression of this child, you would have called her a beggar, mere trash that crosses our paths while we go on about more important business, but it was not so. Amelia Nicole Stamey was far from trash. She belonged to a wealthy family, a good home, and a warm environment. Well, two hours ago anyway.
You see, the reason why a happy child such as Amelia was cowering behind a dumpster, crying her eyes out, was not because she was beaten or something else of the sort. Oh no, the reason was that somebody, or something, decided to invade her home and brutally murder her family for no reason whatsoever. Yes, you heard me right, I did say BRUTALLY murder.

Who the mysterious man was, she did not know at the time for the simple fact that she was too young and innocent to understand the cruelty of life. When she saw her parents, blood and all, on the floor of their dining room, what else could she do but run?

Amelia blinked back tears. She could remember that day clearly, and has been able to for five whole years. She had no doubt it was Zack's actions that brought this memory to its surface once again.
ZACK was the ONE who found her, dirty and helpless. ZACK was the ONE who held her close to his chest, whispering comforting words into her ear. And ZACK was the ONE who carried her in his arms to his house, assuring her that she may stay as long as she likes. NOW, once again held in his arms, she felt safe and sound.

Amelia took a deep breath and pulled herself out of his arms. "I'm ready." He nodded, giving her a comforting smile, "Then I am too."

Zack gave the signal and Amelia watched as her men scattered around the room, taking their positions above the targets. She sighed, here goes everything. Without much more hesitation, she yelled,"NOW!"
At that moment over twenty stakes were shoved through the chests of monsters. Eyes snapped open, glistening with fright, and screeches were heard. Amelia laughed, "Die you filthy animals!" She stuck her own stake through a shrieking vampire, bringing his immortal life to an end.
© Copyright 2007 Teen (vampire-sweety at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1209214--Lay-Me-Down-To-Sleep-2