*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1209857--Lay-Me-Down-To-Sleep-1
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Teen
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Romance/Love · #1209857
Traveling Down The Tunnel.
The steady dripping continued as the near silent group moved farther along the tunnel. "Amelia, I cannot see anything! Are you sure this is safe?" Questioned Mathew, the new addition to the 'gang'. Amelia turned around sharply to glare at him, "With you making all this noise, I doubt it is." Mathew blushed, even though noone could see it, and stuck his hands into the pockets of his jeans. Zack Trenton smirked and brushed past Mathew, whispering, "One more slip-up like that, and you can count yourself as good as dead." Mathew glared at him and snorted, "Oh yeah?" Zack gave him a toothy grin, "Yeah."

The stench of old blood was heavier than ever as Amelia moved easily through the many tunnels. She couldn't even remember a time it smelled as bad. She smiled, this was a good sign. It meant that there were more blood-suckers here than she had ever imagined.
Somebody shifted restlessly behind her. "Babe, can you smell it?" She turned around, forcing everyone to stop also. "Mhm..it's a good sign," She whispered, recieving a few strange looks from the men around her. "How is that a good sign?" Asked Mathew. She rolled her eyes, glad that it was so dark. "If you are not killed in this fight, I will tell you someday." She gave him a grin and began walking once again.
Amelia Nicole Stamey was not a person to fool around with. She knew everyone knew this, even the leeches. Even though she was feared by all, some people still had the nerve to tempt with her. One of these "people", was Mathew Burke. She had no idea how he ever came to be in her group. He neither had the skill, nor the brains to do so. Yet still, he made it.


A gentle tap on her shoulder, stopped her train of thought. "We are close, I can hear their breathing," warned Zack. She nodded, "Tell everyone to get their weapons ready."

There they were. Sprawled out across the floor, like the dirty creatures they were. They disgusted Amelia to the point of puking. Vampires, creatures of the night, and her next victims. She skimmed her piercing blew eyes around the room, counting them..one by one. There were too many, her men would never be able to kill them all. She was now having second thoughts about this whole thing until.."We can take them babe, you know we can." She turned around and smiled at her best friend. "I'm not sure I do." He brought her close to himself and blew softly into her hair. "We'll be ok.." But she knew, judging by the tone of his voice, he wasn't so sure either.
© Copyright 2007 Teen (vampire-sweety at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1209857--Lay-Me-Down-To-Sleep-1