*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1212761-October
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Preface · Death · #1212761
This is the preface to a story I thought of writing.
My name is October. Yes, I know; I'm named after a month. But the name fits my personality. October is dark, cold, and mysterious, just like me. I like to do a lot of different things. And by "different", I mean things people don't normally do, not a wide variety. When I'm bored, I write poetry instead of watching TV. I play guitar instead of talking on the phone, and it's not like I have anyone to talk to in the first place. But the weirdest and scariest thing I do? I cut myself.
I really don't know why. I guess my life is naturally depressing.. or maybe too boring. Maybe I just do it to make my life more interesting, to know that I have a secret that is too forbidden for anyone to know.
The only people that know about this are the people that got the idea into my head: (I need to find names for her friends.... if you have any suggestions, please email me or something. I need names that are like unusual, fit the personality of someone emo or goth: shy, quiet, wears black, and reads a little too much. Also, I would like names for a guy and a girl.) They cut also, and they're like me. "Outcasts", as people call us.
Cutting gives people a certain self-satisfaction that is not easy to explain. It's really hard to stop cutting.
© Copyright 2007 Valeria (loveanddeath13 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1212761-October