*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1214796-Digging-For-Diamonds-In-The-USA
Rated: E · Article · Activity · #1214796
This article tells about a place for a vacation in Arkansas.
If you are looking for a place to vacation whether with the family or alone here is a place that you may enjoy. This place is for the type of person that likes to find things. This will be like a treasure hunt.

The Crater of Diamonds State Park is a place where you can dig for diamonds. It is in southwest Arkansas near Murfreesboro. This is the only diamond-bearing site open to the public. The advice that they give is that you use a screen type sifter. You will need to carry a baggie with you so when you unearth something you put in the baggie because if you drop it chances are you will not find it again. Along with the diamonds you will find garnet, amethyst, agate, and quartz. Whatever you unearth is yours to keep. There is a small fee for you to get into the park but the fee covers for all day. There are people here also that will buy the diamonds from you if you wish to sell them.

There is a gift shop here. The Crater of Diamonds gift shop is located in the Visitor Center and offers a wide selection of items including souvenir caps, t-shirts, mugs, pins, patches and spoons. You'll also find an assortment of gem and mineral field guides, diamond-hunting tools.You may also buy cut and polished rocks and minerals, and novelty items. Drinks and snacks are available in the gift shop. Bagged ice and firewood are also available at the Visitor Center.

The Kimberlite Cafe is open seven days a week from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend, and only on weekends during the last two weeks of the season. The restaurant offers a breakfast and lunch menu including sandwiches and hamburgers.They also have hand-scooped ice cream. Drinks and snacks are available in vending machines and at the gift shop.

The campground here has 59 campsites. The campsites all have water and electric hookups. There are two bathhouses with showers and restrooms. There is also a laundry facility here. There is a dump station at the entrance of the campground.

Diamond Springs Water Playground is also here. The facility offers a 4,166 square foot wading pool with spray geysers, sprayers, water jets, two water slides, animated waterspouts and waterfall hideaways along with spacious deck and pool furniture. This is great in the summer time after digging for diamonds you can come here and relax and cool off.

The park accepts cash, personal checks and the following credit cards: VISA, MasterCard, Discover and American Express. Credit cards cannot be used for tool rental or at the park cafe. The nearest ATM machine is in Murfreesboro, which is 2 miles away.





© Copyright 2007 lonesomeangel (lonesomeangel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1214796-Digging-For-Diamonds-In-The-USA