*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1215571-The-Rose-For-Ever
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by mec
Rated: 13+ · Draft · Emotional · #1215571
Small story about young love, separation and finding once again.
He stood at the front of the class, unfolded a piece of paper and began to read… I met her about 30 years ago, she was about 9 and I about 10. We lived in the same neighbourhood, our houses identical both green, 3 bedroom bungalow style. We didn't live there long, less than a year in fact; this was all the time I needed. She was a beautiful girl; short wavy, blond hair, dark blue eyes, a free soul with love to share. In her dreamy mind the stories she could spin were both fun, funny, and endearing. We would spend our days walking to school, and after school we would go swinging at the park. Being young gave freedom to love, with out any of the fear that comes with experience.
Summer was coming and it was time for us to move, I didn't know how to tell her. My mom took me shopping allowing me one purchase; that was all I needed.
It is the morning of the move and I had 15 minutes to say goodbye. As I walked I felt my heart ache; not understanding the significance to our relationship. Or did we?
When she came to the door she was so excited to see me.

As he spoke his story, something inside her started to stir. This sounded so familiar, she thought. She remembered the boy, he lived about 5 doors down the street in a house identical to hers. They had a lot of fun together, his short brown hair wavy, with his green blue eyes sparkled when he laughed. His parents rented the house across from the park, he had about 3 brothers and they all rode bikes, and played at the park. Then one day he moved away with his family.

As he spoke these words .... I had a rose, one plastic rose,
She stood in the back row, and she spoke these words .... He had a rose; one paper rose, He Said
"I want you to have this rose" I want you to remember me always; with this rose it will last forever." He wanted me to remember ... Always.
© Copyright 2007 mec (dreamread at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1215571-The-Rose-For-Ever