*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1217685-St-Valentines-Day
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1217685
An outtake on St Valentine's day...
((Prompt I in a picture is a 1,000 words contest... enjoy!))

What in the hell was she thinking?

Here she was, in her apartment, with her boyfriend in bed. The date went particularly well… the roses, the candlelit dinner, the concert… everything was perfect. But why is she not satisfied? Her wavy-like red hair shook violently as she sat at the edge of the bed, her gaze away from him. He looked at her, he didn’t know what the matter was.

“What’s wrong, babe?” he asked as she sighed deeply. His eyes demanded an answer, and she answered him, rather promptly. Her voice shook with fear as she began to talk.

“No, it’s not you, it’s… I don’t know, you did everything perfectly by the book and… I’m just a complete and utter failure. I feel as though I didn’t deserve you,” she began as she quickly got up from the bed and began to pace. Her white shirt flowed softly as she paced up and down like an old woman who had a million and one problems flowing through her head. He nodded sagely as he understood her problem. Maybe.

“Aw, babe…” he began as he got out of bed, his blue sweater still on him and hugged her closely. She blinked and gulped as she snuggled into the warmness of the sweater. He sighed as he continued to comfort her, console her.

“I love you. If I didn’t think, for one moment, that you didn’t deserve me, I wouldn’t go ahead with this. I’m not like any other men who are desperately looking for a prize trophy to his collection. I am not that type of person,” he began softly, his words reassured her of her anxious worries, “and I think, in my honest opinion… that I don’t deserve you,” he finished as she looked at him, surprised.

“Is this true?” she gulped as he nodded. He chuckled as the truth came out of his mouth. It was the ‘now or never’ moment.

“You’re someone that I would love to spoil my affections on. I have been lonely since… what, this summer? And when you came into my life, I… I just had to wonder if I deserve such a blessing. After all the things that I said and done to many other people, I think I owe you a heap. A heap meaning everything that you ask of me to do, and anything you want me to do. So, don’t feel… so inferior about me,” he explained, as he enjoyed her smile slowly transformed on her face, “You deserve the best, I don’t deserve anything,” he finished as she hugged him tighter. He noticed that her radiant smile lifted his heart a thousand times more than a few minutes ago. He felt the silky hand of his girlfriend on his cheek as he sighed deeply.

“You, the CEO of a well-known book company? A man with a lot of ambition is something to be admired,” she pointed out as he smirked a little.

“Well, with a position of a CEO, there had to be enemies as well as friends,” he joked as the two of them went back to bed. The white quilt against the dark blue walls comforted them for the while. She snuggled in tighter, she loves the warmth of his bright blue sweater… maybe she can write something about that in the future. Her imagination soared through the ceiling, her thoughts of fear and anxiety been put to rest. He held her tight, her back was warm…

“Darling?”

“Yes?” her voice was almost that of a sleepy one, she needed to sleep now. He snuggled towards her and whispered something in her ear.

“Happy Valentine’s Day, I thought it might be appropriate, since we end on such a high note,” he murmured in her ear as she smiled big and wide. Who wouldn’t?

“Happy Valentine’s Day, love…” she mumbled back before she fell asleep. He stroked her wavy red hair, once, twice… before he went to sleep, straight into the world of dreams where his girlfriend would be waiting…




© Copyright 2007 Renegade_Angel (renegade_angel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1217685-St-Valentines-Day