*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1218820-Casting-the-First-Stone
Rated: E · Poetry · Inspirational · #1218820
When someone's sin is made public we all have the tendency condemning that person
Cast the First Stone

They brought her out before Him and pushed her to the ground.
But as she fell she slowly moved and kept her head bowed down.
Too ashamed with guilt and pain, she would rather not be there,
In agony she grimaced while attracting eyes of hate.
What are you going to say Rabbi? The adulterer was caught this time!
The angry mob encircled her and wanted to see her die.

Ashamed, abused and unworthy, she wished the ground would swallow her up.
And would welcome the solace of deafness, for her accusers voices to stop.
There was no place to go, no refuge to seek, she resigned herself to die.
She covered her face to shield their hate and waited for the stones to fly
What are you going to do Rabbi? - the adulterer was caught this time!
The angry mob railed at Christ for their actions to be justified.

He who created the heavens and earth, now spoke up loud and clear.
The angry mob in great despair began to disappear.
Christ challenged each, to cast their stones, if no sin was found in them.
As they heard His words, their conscience spoke and had them all condemned.
Where are your accusers my daughter? He said, they have gone and left us alone.
Rise up my child, I have pardoned you, now go and sin no more.

Nylsaj Nomis.
© Copyright 2007 Nylsaj Nomis (nylsaj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1218820-Casting-the-First-Stone