*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1222724-WonderBoy---Prologue
by CSG
Rated: E · Fiction · Other · #1222724
Prologue to WonderBoy - adds a whole new meaning :)
It was a cold, dark night; the top of the great tower the only source of light for miles. Something was happening up there, something big. As a cool breeze swept between the silent graveyard the tower seemed to shudder. Maybe it was an illusion, but one thing was for sure; Arumag had seen a figure up there.
         Arumag stopped at the foot of the tower and listened carefully. Voices, vague, but unmistakable voices. Arumag whispered a strange mixture of words, an incantation. One minute he stood where he was, the other, he disappeared, yet reappeared forty feet up on the ledge of one of the tower windows. He could now hear everything.
              “Is it ready yet?” Barked a harsh, shrill voice.
              “N-nearly master.” Another voice replied in a mutter, in a matter unmistakable as terror, but with power also. It seemed this was a mistake.
              “What?” Demanded the voice of the man so obviously in control. “You dare speak to your master with such arrogance? How dare you Incanté? How dare you? Away from me, you pig! I shall do the deed myself!”
         Incanté laughed manically.
         “B-but master, the potion is ready!”
         “Stand back Incanté, I will take it from here. Incanté, there is a man, listening to us this very second, on a window ledge very close to us. Kill him.”
         As Incanté swept over to the ledge Arumag took a step back and felt his foot slip from beneath him. He was falling, falling down. Incanté laughed in a manner known only as insanity as he prepared himself for the unforgivable crime he was about to commit. He lifted his hand and out shot three bolts of red lightning towards Arumag. Incanté howled with fury as Arumag vanished from the air and the bolts of lighting struck an already tarnished gravestone. Incanté looked back at his master and shuddered at the thought of the punishment he was to receive. The resurgence had been witnessed…
© Copyright 2007 CSG (cgirdlestone at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1222724-WonderBoy---Prologue