*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1226705-A-Schizophrenic-Flare
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Contest · #1226705
A high speed chase away from the Pentagon: An experience of a Paranoid Schizophrenic.
Word Cont 969

It all happened so fast. I was in the chase before I knew what overtook me. I was driving along the long windy road heading toward the wedding of my best friend when I looked behind me and there was a cop car. I don’t know what I was thinking. I thought he was after me. I pressed down the gas peddle and sped away only to have screaming red and blue flashers dash after me. I didn’t know what was happening. All I knew was I had to get away.

Since I was a teenager I always felt someone was out to get me. I never knew who it was or what it was. I was always looking over my shoulder only to find no one there. I lived my life like this for years. Then the voices began. God was telling me what to do and what not to do. I listened faithfully. People thought I was odd, but I thought nothing of it. I had spies. They spied on them and told me their secrets. God was always proud of me when I listened. He told me when people were watching, how to get away, what special news reports were out.

One day I got married. It didn’t last long. She couldn’t listen to the voices any more. God told me she wasn’t good for me. She was spreading rumers about me. So I packed up my little VW buggy and headed off to California. I loaded the car with everything I needed including food. The food at restaurants was contaminated and I couldn’t eat it so I fixed up my own little refrigerator in the back of my VW. You ask how I knew the food was contaminated, God told me. It was made by other’s hands and they had germs, germs to kill me and I wasn’t ready to die.

On my way out to California, my tail light must have been out, but a cop car came behind me flashed its lights and I panicked. God told me to speed away. He was after me for having the secret code to the Pentagon. A high speed chase came. I ducked out behind a side road then turned into a parking lot and parked the car. It was none for the worse. The police car drove past me. God told me he wanted me in jail because I possessed top secret information and it was in my car. You see I took out the back seats and set up a shelf system. The top shelf carried food goods and other essentials for a long trip. The bottom shelf was for sleeping. The refrigerator was compacted in between. Why would anyone want to bother me? God told me I was special and they were jealous of my special powers. You see I could read thoughts. If they ever caught up with me God told me they would lock me away.

When I got to California, no one would listen to me about the plans the Pentagon had for blowing up the White House. I went to my brother’s house out there and tried to tell him. He said, “John, are you still hearing those voices?” I knew what he was talking about, he was trying to find out if I was crazy so I told him no. He said I thought I should see a doctor. God told me the Dr. was an alien from outer space and I should stay away from him. I told Ben that I had to go. I was late for a wedding.

The police chased me down the road around the bend and I couldn’t out speed him. God told me where to go, but nothing seemed to work. There was no place to hide. So I stopped the car and decided to tell him I didn’t see him. The cop didn’t believe me. He took one look at me with my hair shoulder length and long beard and asked if I had been drinking or drugging. Before I knew it he had me out of the car and was handcuffing me. God told me to fight back. I was pushed into the car. I told him I wasn’t going with him back to the Pentagon where they are disfiguring people. Before I knew it the siren was wailing and we were again speeding away. When we stopped I met some men in white coats and they took me into a UFO building. I knew I was there for questioning. I fought tooth and nail. They tied me up in a white coat and I was given a shot. I went into a brief oblivion. When I awoke, God was no longer speaking to me. The doctors there told me I had a Schizophrenic break and everything was going to be okay. I no longer needed to run.

I got in my car and sped away. This time there was no home to go to. I sped to speed. I sped to get away from everyone and everything. I sped to get away from the policemen who were quick behind my tail. God wasn’t speaking to me. I took my cute little white pills and threw them out the window. I wanted the comfort of my talking friend to get me out of this high speed chase, which I never seemed to escape. I was always running from someone or something. My VW was the fastest pit bull around. It could out run anybody or anything. The police sirens wailed behind me. This time I wasn’t going to stop. They weren’t taking me to the Pentagon. I had come too far to go back. I looked behind them and waved goodbye. God had me back on the right road.
© Copyright 2007 Cat is Nesting (cnelson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1226705-A-Schizophrenic-Flare