*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1227377-Saturday-and-Sunday
Rated: E · Other · Cultural · #1227377
A piece on the differnce between the days.
Oh yes, Saturday and Sunday, the weekend. The two days of freedom a week when you throw off the shackles of order and repetition to be completely free, and do as you please. No more being ordered around and responding to bells and treats like a lab rat. Job or school, the weekend is the time to escape. But the two days are actually quite different.
Saturday is the beginning of something great. You have two days to experiment in the lab of life. If you wish to relax, work, or play, you have a wonderful Saturday to do it. You have nothing to do and all day and night to do it. Saturday is the beacon of light drawing to the end of the week.
Sunday is the dimmer light showing the grind of a new week to come. It is a more solemn day; with the realization that tomorrow you must once again get up and face the day. Once again be shackled by responsibility and worry. Not to mention the fact that so many of us must give up our glorious freedom to worship our God, to once again taste order and constraint. (I don’t care how religious you are, church can’t always be fun.) Yes, Sunday is the dusk of our chance to really be free.
© Copyright 2007 Delamar Ash (clayn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1227377-Saturday-and-Sunday