*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1227867-Peelings
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Other · #1227867
Just a section from a short story about a woman scorned
As he awoke in the bright morning light, he smiled and thought of his beautiful girlfriend, he could hear her busy in the kitchen, making his breakfast, humming as she pottered around filling the kettle and setting the tray.
He could picture her smiling as she filled his glass with orange juice and placed a rose beside his napkin.
I’ll surprise her he thought and decided to get up and have breakfast with her in the kitchen, just like old times. As he tried to sit himself up in the bed he realised that there was a problem… His arms and legs had been tied with silk ropes in slip knots, so the more he struggled to get out of the bed the more the ropes would tighten. He stopped himself for a moment and smiled as he thought that perhaps this was yet another of her hidden desires. “She never ceases to amaze me,” he thought aloud as he relaxed and waited for her to appear in the doorway.
Why had he cheated on her, she was everything he had wanted, or thought he wanted until he messed up and yet even after she had found out she had taken him back.
Never, ever, would he even take a second glance at another woman. He was home now for good.
He could hear the rattle of the tray as she moved gracefully up the stairs towards their room. He was excited and embarrassed at the same time and felt somewhat foolish and young as he anticipated her arrival.
He screamed in terror, as she walked through the door, without even realising his mouth had opened.
The tray, he could see, was neatly laid out, a lot of time taken positioning each stainless steel surgical implement precisely.
Fear ripped through his body like a dry forest fire, building to an inferno in the pit of his stomach.
© Copyright 2007 Lesley Dempsey (jakeminder at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1227867-Peelings