*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1232801-Sweet-Dreams
Rated: E · Fiction · Fantasy · #1232801
Is it possible to love two different people? One in real life and one in a dream.
Is it possible to love someone in a different time than the one we currently reside in? Is it possible to fall into a deep sleep and wake up in another time and another place holding a different pair of hands? Is it wrong to love two different people that exsist in two different times? One of the men is the one you have dreamed about marrying since you were a little girl, and the other is the man you just dream about. You have never met but in the recesses of your dreams. There is the one, you cuddle up to each night as you fall asleep in eachother's arms. Your heart beats are the same rythym.
Then you feel yourself falling deeper and deeper into a restful sleep and when you awake you are in another world. A world where the evening fog and mist are curling around your bare feet and a ocean breeze is blowing through your hair. It is dusk all the time but the colors in the sky are never the same. Bright pinks and purples explode into the sky filling it with a brilliant show of lights... then the stars are alive, just above the bright colors and shimmering and dancing among the sky. It is never too hot nor to cold but just right all the time.
You look up the beach and see that he is coming too you walking in the surf. He isn't in slow motion like the cheesy movies or he doesn't have long thick hair. Instead he is weaing a flannel shirt and worn out jenes and bare foot. He finally reaches you and smiles. The smile melts you very exsistance. He doesn't kiss you, but instead takes you in a warm embracing hug. This is how it always is. You sit on the sand beneath a palm tree. His arm is around you holding you tight. You just sit and talk, staring at the dusky sky, laughing at private jokes between the two of you. You share so much more by just talking and laughing then what you would by making love or kissing.
Then slowly everything begins to dim and fade. You are drifting back to the present world. You sigh and stretch and look at the sleeping man beside you. The love of THIS life time. You know that no matter how bad things get in reality that you can always go to that special place to where only you exsist. The place where there is always a friendly ear, and you know that as you drift off into a deep slumber that he will be there, beside the palm tree and in front of the sunset. On a bed of sand under a blanket of stars. He is there, waiting for you.

*please note that this is a rough copy.. i've recently had an accident that has rendered me temporaily on handed...
© Copyright 2007 Rebecca (beccers at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1232801-Sweet-Dreams