*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1232811-Peach-Furry-Bliss
Rated: 13+ · Other · Other · #1232811
Nami is the daughter of star born musician Juro. Can she be the lengend her father was?
Peach-Furry Bliss ^_^
Star born talents could be passed on…….
Written By : Fatima P.

Nami

“Some people say legends are full of false rumors…..that they’re not true. But what if some of them were? Or at least one? What if it was a person? Could their talents perhaps be passed down from one to another? If I knew that I would tell you. So I have decided…..that it’s my destiny to find out.”


Prolouge

I guess you could say that I am a very “keep to yourself kind of person. “ Sure I at least have some friends, though I only really consider one of them my real one. That would have to be Hayashi, Naho. She’s been by my side since I could remember. Sure we share many secrets, but they’re naturally about fantasies, or things that would happen to other people and not us. Some people don’t know why we share such secrets. They think our secrets have no meaning, and you should talk about more important, or useful things, like makeup, hair, and tons of that other stuff that most people worry over.

I have one question though, how could someone base their friendship on those types of things? Why should those things have meaning? Why can’t secrets be about dreaming, or what you would like to accomplish.....your deepest thoughts? That’s exactly why we choose not to care. They always call us the two N’s, Naho, and Nami. We know…it’s not really that original, but we’re used to it anyway. Hmmmm…the two N’s who share secrets. But what if there was a secret that was kept between us that we both do not dare tell? What if it was actually a secret to where no one would think it was meaningless?

Well let me tell you. There is a secret we share, and it’s even beyond meaning. But if this secret were to get out, things wouldn’t be the same. Or at least it wouldn’t be the same for me. But sense I know you won’t tell anyone, I’ll let you in on it.

I Nami Tanaka, am the daughter of the star born legend, Juro.


Chapter 1: False endings, True beginnings

“Why in the world would I want to be like him?” I said. Naho protested, “But you should want to be just like you dad! I’ve heard you do all of the things he does! Your almost as g-“ “Stop it! If you want to compare someone to him, then don't! No one can ever surpass him anyway. I’ve already told you. I don’t want to do the things he did. I don’t want to be the one to follow in his footsteps.” Me and Naho were on the phone for a while now. “Look.” She said. “Don’t think that for one second that I believe what you just said. “

“I know that you enjoy doing what he did. And I <i>know<i> you don’t mean that. I won’t make you admit it, but you’ll have to some time. I also know that your very proud of him, and probably the only thing you want to do, is to be just like him. Tell you what, I’ll see you tomorrow at school, my mom’s yelling at me to come and eat dinner. But think about it, okay?” It’s true, her mom was yelling at her to come. We both clicked off the phone. She’s right as always, and I really can’t admit it just yet.

My dad was indeed a legend. Of course people still love him (his loyal fans). A singer, guitarist, drummer, pianist...and a dad. All of those things combined to me felt like the perfect father. But even though he was perfect, it's not like he was there or anything. I was about 4 then. It was always seemed like he made more time for his fans and not for me and my mom. My mom wouldn't say a word about it. Neither would I...we wanted what was best for him. To live out his dream. I mean what could we have told him? To stop the entire thing? All that he had worked for?

Then one night my mom broke down. She couldn't take it anymore i guess...I once heard her say "Look at what you're doing to me! Your daughter!!! You haven't been to one of her recitals! All we want is for you to at least make some time for us..." It was then my dad understood. See, things were at this time a break out for sales (his CD) and the fans were more than ever. I remember before every show before he left, he always called me his number 1. And he'd leave us with a kiss on each cheek, and a tight hug. At least now the atmoshere was a little different. My mom and dad had seemed to talk it over, and she was more giggley than usual.

Months were going by...and then came the day of my birthday. Usually what happened on that day, was me and my mom would get out of that big house that seemed to classify us as taking up space and go out to dinner and a movie. After that, it was back to the empty castle. (i used to call it)

Back from the dinner and the movie, we saw an army of cop cars surrounding our house. One of the men with the bushy mustache walked up to us slowly, but still with determination. His eyes I think spoke for themselves that what was about to come out of his mouth wasn't good news.
He looked over at me with soft eyes, then over to my mom. "Ma'am, I know what I"m about to say may upset you....

Chapter 1 End


© Copyright 2007 shojogirl (shoujojunkie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1232811-Peach-Furry-Bliss