*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1233948-Once-In-A-Lifetime
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Romance/Love · #1233948
how do you express your love for someone? are words not enough to express them?
My name is Ji Hee Jin. Ji Hee Jin is my name. When I was young, my dad used to tell me that I should learn how to cherish the people I love and cherish the moments I can spend with them because everything here on earth is only temporary. My dad died in a terrible accident. We were on our way to my elementary school and dad kept on promising to me that he will never leave me alone. But on our way across the street, a speeding car swerved past us and dad got hit by the car instead of me. He saved my life. On that moment, everything in my life change in just one second. It was too painful even after Mom decided that we leave Gangwon and go to Seoul. Dad's words were left in my heart.
Fast forward today...it's been ten years since dad died. Now, I'm standing in the middle of the desolated hallway of Seoul National University where I'm an Arts major. I'm holding a love letter in my hands and I am going to give this to the guy whom I've been crushing on for two years now. He's Lee Ji Wan, the basketball team captain of the school. While I'm waiting for him, I kept on rehearsing for the things I'm going to say to him when he comes. I also practiced my smile. Then... "I know this is too awkward for me. But then, I need to do this for my Ji Wan. Bbasha!" Then after awhile, I saw Ji Wan walking towards the hallway. I took a deep breath and began to bow my head low as I extended my hands with the letter. My heart beat raced when somebody stopped in front of me. "Please...accept this letter. I made this for you. I know you're surprised to see a girl like me doing this to you...but I just want to let you know...that I like you." "Mu'eot?" I suddenly raised my head up and I was surprised to see the guy whom I hate so much and the ever, arrogant jerk named Kim Young Hoon, a junior. He smirked, "Are you crazy?" I gulped and looked behind him, "Ya...where's Ji Wan oppa?" "Ji Wan oppa...my ass." I was surprised at what he said and then he smiled, "What are you thinking? Is my face that of the basketball player? Stupid..." I scoffed at him, "Ya!" He looked at the letter I'm holding and he scoffed, "What is that? A love letter? How cheap of you to do that." "Ya...is expressing your love to someone cheap? I don't think so. And what the hell do you care? This is not for you! This is for my Lee Ji Wan!" Then I ran down the hallway, away from that jerk. He scoffed and stoop to pick down the love letter on the floor.
I am sitting on the staircase in the Arts Building, inside myself I'm fusing with anger. "That reckless jerk. Oh mo!! I hate him so much!" Then the memories of our first meeting flashed in my mind. The freshmen will be having a post-orientation in the school hall and I was assigned to be the leader of the freshmen club when Young Hoon and his band mates came in with arrogant faces and they began to destroy the equipments that we are going to use to everyone's surprise. As the leader, I confronted them, "Ya! What are you doing?" Young Hoon turned to face me, "Ya freshmen... get your butts out of here. This is our territory and we're going to have our band rehearsal here." I scoffed at him, "Band rehearsal my ass. Ya! We booked this hall first so you don' t have the right to send us out!" Young Hoon and his band mates laughed out loud and to my surprise, Young Hoon began to move his (I hate to admit this) handsome face close to mine and I tilted my head back while he was staring at me with those smoky, small eyes, "We're sophomores and you're just freshmen. We've been in this institution for a longer time and so this is our territory. Arachi?" I scoffed and pushed him away then I turned to face the other freshmen and smiled, "Everyone! Let's just transfer to some other place where there are no evil spirits lurking. I'm sure we can find one!" Then all of us proceeded towards the exit. But before I leave the hall for good, I turned to look back at Young Hoon and his face is a picture of anger and amazement. Then I smirked and went out with the others. Presently, I'm still seating in the staircase and I sighed as I looked up the ceiling, "Oh mo... that's so embarassing."
Young Hoon is seating alone on the backstage stairs in the hall while their band are having their rehearsals. He took out the letter I had left in the hallway and he began to read it. He smirked and scoffed as he read my letter...
"Annyeong Ji Wan oppa!
I just wanna say hello and I hope you're in a good mood as you'll read my letter. For two years, I have been hiding this feelings inside I have for you. And to admit, it's not that easy. Many times, I find myself wanting you more and more. So I guess today is the right time to tell you how I feel. I just wanna let you know that I like you so much and I hope you will not go away from me when you'll find this out. Thanks for understanding. Oppa... bbasha!"
Young Hoon began to laugh and he shook his head as he crumbled that piece of paper. "Crazy bitch."
I stood beside the busy bleachers of the school gym as I am watching Ji Wan play basketball with his team and people were cheering for him, especially girls. Well, obviously, they also like my Ji Wan. Even from afar, I can see how Ji Wan is so dedicated to his passion. After the game, the group had a ten-minutes break. I was surprised when the girls started to swarm around Ji Wan and they were asking for his pictures with them. Well, naturally, he agreed. Then I saw him walking towards me. I gulped when I saw him smile and wave...so I did the same thing too. But fool me... he just passed right by my side and he walked towards his friend. I sighed and looked back at him. "Poor me, "I said with my mouth pouting. "Oh mo...I thought it was me." Then when they are about to go out the gym, I immediately raced after him. "Oppa!" He stopped in his tracks and turned to face me with a frown. I smiled at him and handed him the home-made rice cakes for him. "Rice cakes for you. I thought you like them so I made you one. I hope you like it." Ji Wan took the rice cakes from me and he smiled, "Thanks." When he was about to go, I called him again. "Oppa!" He turned to face me once again. "Yes?" I smiled again and raised my fist in the air, "I believe in you. Bbasha!" Ji Wan smiled and patted me lightly on the shoulder and then he left. I smiled sheepishly and touched my shoulder where he had patted me, "Gee...that was warm."
I was walking with a smile in the hallway when I saw Young Hoon walking towards me with his guitar. I ignored him and because I am too happy, I don't have time to fight with him. He stopped in front of me and he creased his forehead, "This morning..you were thinking I'm Lee Ji Wan. Now you're smiling with no reason. Are you really crazy?" "If loving someone can make you crazy...then yes, I am," I said with a smile. He scoffed, "Oh mo...you really are!" I turned to face him, "Kim Young Hoon...I'm too happy right now. So don't mess around with me, ok?" I began to walk away when he suddenly talked, "Are you that controversial?" I stopped in my tracks and turned to face him, "Mu'eot?" He smiled and walked towards me. "I guess it's ok with you if the whole campus shall know the love letter you've wrote for Ji Wan." I was surprised when he began to dictate the words I've written...the exact words. "Listen to me. I won't tell the whole campus if you're going to do one thing for me. Make us YG's newest band if you don't want the whole campus to know." I scoffed at him, "What? Am I YG's owner? No way!" I began to walk again when... "Araso. Hmmmm... I guess the speaker in the AVR is loud enough. So I guess I'll have to use it when reading the letter." I was surprised at his threat and I began to race after him because I thought of the consequences that might happen when I'll let him do that. "Ya...araso araso!" Young Hoon turned to face me, "What?" I took a deep breath and looked down, "Araso... I'll do it." He smiled and smirked, "Good! And you can only do that within one month."
The following days for me seems to be really dreadful. How can I possibly recruit those band to YG Entertainment? I kept on sighing and pouting while I'm walking towards YG... "Oh mo!! How can I tell YG about them?" I made myself confident as I talked with YG's president, Producer Yoo Byun Soo. "Umm...they're the best band in our school. Mr. Yoo, you'll never regret having them as trainees. They sing so well and all of them can play instruments too."
© Copyright 2007 mishi nam (mishiru009 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1233948-Once-In-A-Lifetime