*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1235707-My-Mistake-My-Dark-Adonis
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Megan
Rated: E · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1235707
way more I'd like to say on this so if it seems odd email me and I'll explain
"I do."

Two simple words with the meaning of commitment, agreement, "Alright I'll go for it."  A tiny little statement that even a parrot can mimic to perfection.  Just a small effort to whisper them.

But oh, the enormity of them.

I was trapped now by this simple phrase I had dared to utter, trapped in a life with no happy ending, trapped in a story where the villain won, trapped in a marriage I didn't want to be in.

Beautiful blue eyes with the intensity of the ocean amidst a storm, his slicked-back hair the color of a lion's mane, his teeth straight and perfect, his body a model, a living replica of the Greek god for beauty, a true adonis!  Oh, how his words could sweep you into a realm of fantasy that you believed in with all your heart, the slightest touch sparking the sweetest sense of romance.  One look and you would drop all defenses.

And I had, just as many other girls before me.  But unlike them I knew the secret of divine cruelness he held, the monster that lurked within his melting eyes.  He was a demon thrown into paradise, on the rampage for as many victims as he could sink his greedy claws into.

I was one of the many hopeless sheep the wolf had preyed upon.

Yet then why was I here, declaring my love and undying loyalty to such a merciless hunter?  Why was I giving up everything I had and had yet to be given to only be with him?

In the end, I believe, it was his eyes.  Those pools of liquid emotion, the raging fire that revealed only a lie of the soul he led you to believe he had.  Hm, well if I were to say it was his eyes, why not say his touch, voice, and body as well?  I was the fly perching on the lip of the Venus Fly Trap, and as I issued those words, the jaws clamped down around me and ended the future I had worked so hard to achieve.

"I do."

Oh, if only I could take back those simple words, if only I could flee the hold this Dark Adonis had over me.

If only, huh?

"I do."
© Copyright 2007 Megan (sanityeruption at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1235707-My-Mistake-My-Dark-Adonis