*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1238182-The-Pool---Part-1
by Delvin
Rated: 13+ · Other · Action/Adventure · #1238182
1st in a series of hardboiled noir set in distopian Liverpool UK
The pool – part 1

His eyes opened, the dried blood making a tiny cracking noise.  The blood from his mouth was fresher and was dripping to the concrete floor, he flexed one of his legs and his boot caught the next drop.  Nothing was broken, though it was difficult to tell with his arms, there was almost no feeling in them.  They were twisted behind him and chained at the wrists, with the chains around a meat hook.  He adjusted himself and tested the strength, it was drilled deep into a beam and didn’t even move slightly.  He looked up.  He was in a large room with a single naked bulb, the main window in front of him was covered with corrugated metal, despite it’s lack of features he recognized the house.  He was in……
THUNK
“Morning starshine.”
…Kensington.  This was identical to Blind Pierre’s house.  While he moved his head back from the punch he scanned quickly.  Upsettingly there wasn’t a dead Frenchman in the corner.  He got a look at the goon that hit him too.  Short, bald, muscled but with fighting the only exercise he’d ever taken.  He had a boyfriend too, could have being his brother or they could’ve just been molded to the same type by their environment. 
He twisted his wrists, he could still have killed both of them with dislocated wrists but the chains were too tight, he’d have to break several bones in his hands to get them out.  He could still have taken them both but he’d never hold a gun again.  Better to bide his time, if they were going to kill him soon they’d have done it already.
“Right now your awake” the nearest goon pulled a broadsword from his belt and cocked it.
Or perhaps not, fuck, need to take a guess
“before you do that  the bishops really going to want to know where I planted that bomb”
They flicked a glance between each other
“What bomb”
“I’ll tell the bishop that when you get him here”
The nearest goon pushed the gun to Delvins head
“Fuck that he’s making this shit up, if we waste him now we can get to Ruby’s before it shuts”
“Great plan dickhead, the bishops gets blown to fucking bits just because you want a granny special”
The gun slammed across his face
“Fuck you you’re a dead man right now”
“Wait” it was the other, till now silent goon, the gun was to Delvins head, his eyes centimeters from the trigger and the finger that was vibrating with desire to pull it back.
“Paul said to call him if he mentioned anything about the bishop, we’ll phone him and see what he thinks”
The gun was pushed into Delvins head, the pressure broke the skin and he felt blood trickling down his cheek.
“At least can I shoot his balls off”
Delvin didn’t flinch
“No he might bleed to death”
“Your fucking lucky sunbeam, night, night.”
The gun slammed onto the back of his neck and everything, his sight, his hearing, his touch, went black.
© Copyright 2007 Delvin (delvin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1238182-The-Pool---Part-1