*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1239921-Bamboo
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Other · Other · #1239921
The floor is cold as the crisp
The floor is cold as the crisp outside air travels between ground and floor. Looking through blurred eyes, I see reflections of light streaming through the darkness. My blood the only warmth I feel as it flows from the veins and is absorbed in the rug. How can you be so cold to me and not care? Is it not your place to caress my soul and protect me from the demons that lurk in hearts of people? All I ask is that you show me compassion and care, is that a heavy burden? I shouldered you worries and the weight on your back. Just don't pick up speed and leave me behind, for it's your load that slows me. I released your chains and brought them upon my wrist and ankles. You look back with only a grim grin and yell hurry up, but before I can ask for help you’re gone. Slowly I push on and I finally catch up only to see you've someone who has neither chains nor weight to slow. My strength fails and my back ache's. My legs break under the great weight that was you. I fall to the ground pinned by the invisible outline of a love I once had. How can you do those things with no remorse? As time goes on the shackles grow tight and the flesh is bruised and torn. The tendons ripped and the muscle in rot as the bones chip away. Am I a torn old man with a broken soul, is that why love has condemned me? Is fate the witch that watches and claps at the dismay of the ones who failed? Too many questions for no answers. I remove these chains and feel the same as when they were on. When they were on at least I had something caress me through the day. Failed once again, my strength leaves me and I close my eyes. There is really nothing on the other side, at last the peace and warmth I’ve long to know.
© Copyright 2007 Heifitz (heifitz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1239921-Bamboo