*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1240745-Can-you-answer-this-one-question
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Prose · Emotional · #1240745
What drives a person to achive his or her goals, sex, money, or loneliness?
                          Can you answer this one question?

         Can you answer one question?  What makes a man a man and women a woman?  All people grow in different environment which affect the dynamics of each persons values and thoughts of life.  Morals can or may not be installed by the nurturing one receives.  Culture may or may not build appreciation to a persons mind.  When a girl becomes a woman and a boy becomes a man what is important to them in their journey in life?  Freud’s theories of the Id, or “it“, the superego, and ego, or “I” by my observations prove this theory true.  This theory suggests that the powers motivating men and women are mainly and normally unconscious.  Since the superego reflects sociecal beliefs, behaviors, and even pressures, it almost seems to be outside of the self, making moral judgments and telling us to make sacrifices even when such sacrifice may not be in our best interest.  People will seek self gratification but at what cost?  Why are that people seek irrational, the unknown, as well as the forbidden.  Freud views its the psyche the “id”.  The ego is always trying to maintain between the “Id” and the “superego”.  No matter what we desire the “unacceptable” wishes and desire into the unconscious.  A man desires gratification through sexual relations with woman, whether the act is social right or forbidden.  What voice will you listen to?  Human beings of morals and values constructed by society, as seemed fit.  Are we doomed by Freud’s theory?  Will our unconscious condemn us for failure?  Is this a vicious cycle with no escape?
© Copyright 2007 beanner (sgdancer96 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1240745-Can-you-answer-this-one-question